1. Rotalder01

OP Rotalder01 Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    So... one of the 3DS CIA files that I installed using FBI (that being Project Mirai DX) had a notification that tell me that there is an update available to download for that game. For a user like me who's new to the Hombrew/CFW scene, is it ok to download the update of said game?

WIN_20200115_21_15_46_Pro.jpg

2. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

United States
  3. Rotalder01

OP Rotalder01 Newbie
    Newcomer

Philippines
    Are you quite sure about that, even if it was installed using CFW?

4. brunocar

brunocar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Argentina
    its literally just gonna error out because its the wrong region.

5. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    This is a huge reason I refrain from helping others anymore. You ask a yes or no question. I answer it. You persist in asking the same question. You can update games with CFW!

As @brunocar pointed out, the game will only update if it is within the same region. But then again, I don't know why it would alert you about updates on out of region games in the first place.

lone_wolf323 likes this.
  6. brunocar

brunocar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Argentina
    it alerts you anyways, dunno why, but it can alert you even if its out of region, trying to update will throw you an error code

7. redunka

redunka GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    As far as I know, this game doesn't actually have any updates, meaning that OP's CIA is likely not an eShop dump.
    Most (if not all) 3DS2CIA converters usually leave CIA's Title Version as 0, which will sometimes result in a mismatch between conversions and actual eShop releases, thus showing this false update notification.
    Other than Project Mirai DX, I've seen it happening with Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Luigi's Mansion, there's probably even more.
    Cart images do have an entry for Title Version, and it usually matches Title Version of the eShop release (at least it seems to match for those few that I've checked, perhaps some earlier cart revisions may have it lower),
    So, one could just edit their already converted CIA's TMD to fix this, but it would probably be better if converters were updated to set the Title Version properly (maybe even allow setting a custom one).

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Notification, Software, Update