Not sure where I'm going wrong...

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by zmanzim, Jul 10, 2017.

1. zmanzim
    OP

zmanzim Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2017
    United States
    I made a video to 1. see if i'm actually doing it right, but regardless I am getting a mount error at the end of the video. It's about 2 minutes and if anyone could please help with a resolution that would be great. I'm just trying to install homebrew so i can then put nintendont on , however, hung up on HB install/channel download

I have been following this guide so I can do the Virtual Wii hack on my Wii U
    http://wii.guide/docs/vWii/start

2. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Mount error = SD card is rubbish?

3. jbuck1975

jbuck1975 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    What is your sd card formatted at?

4. zmanzim
    OP

zmanzim Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2017
    United States
    Sorry can you clarify what you mean as far as what it is formatted at?
    I right click on it and says format system is Fat32. What other info do you need?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And on the video, am i actually doing the part right prior to the error? Thank you! And I've attached an image of what the SD card shows when i right click in case that matters. I already have the boot.elf on it, FYI (after I formatted)

Attached Files:

5. jbuck1975

jbuck1975 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Take out sd card and put back in a couple of times. See if it works after each time. Blow into the sd card slot.

Last edited by jbuck1975, Jul 10, 2017
  6. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    You have it formatted correctly but your Wii U is definitely having issues with your SD. Sometimes your PC will read a certain SD card and your Wii U won't. Try a different one and report back