Hacking Not sure if haxchi is loading CFW

Darisucc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello- Im pretty new to wii u modding, but I used this guide:

I just wanted to have the homebrew menu on my wii u system menu, and it works fine enough, but I dont know how or if haxchi works anymore with it.
When I use haxchi in the homebrew menu, all it does is go to the install menu (where it asks to replace one of the games you have, I used brain age.)

I wanted to activate custom firmware to use HID to VPAD. But no matter what I do it doesn't work, and im assuming its because CFW is active.
If anyone could help me that'd be great-

Muffineer

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello there!
Let me clear some things up
A CFW (Custom FirmWare) is a patch applied on top of the current firmware (the program that keeps everything inside an electronic device together) to allow the execution of custom code
I do not personally use HID to VPAD but, based on what I read, it does not require CFW to be enabled (not sure, so I will still explain how to activate Haxchi CFW)

First things first: The Haxchi Homebrew App only lets you install Haxchi on top of the DS game, it does NOT put you into CFW!!
(That Haxchi Homebrew App is just an installer and is no longer required after performing the installation, unless you want to change Haxchi's settings)

To enter CFW (if you haven't modified haxchi's settings) you have to:
  1. Open the app with the big "h" on your Wii U menu. (Know that although the tutorial you followed did change it's name to "homebrew launcher", that App is still Haxchi! Simply with a different name and icon, hence the confusion)
  2. FROM THE SECOND YOU TAP ON THE APP hold "B" on the gamepad until you are booted back onto your Wii U menu (wait for it to load before letting go, poor console has some years on its back and needs a solid sec to get things running)
  3. Welcome to CFW!
Now, it Does look like nothing happened, but in reality the magic has happened before your very eyes, hooray!
You will have to repeat these steps every time you want to use an app that requires CFW

From this point, you can reopen Haxchi (again, the "h" app on your Wii U menu, NOT the Homebrew App) and run whatever Homebrew app you want to run. Sky's the limit!

If this still doesn't make HID to VPAD work I recommend watching a complete tutorial since setting it up (as I read) can be hard
I'd post the link myself but I'm still have beginner restrictions

P.S.: Hope you are not offended by my way of explaining things, It's just how I do stuff :)

Have a nice day and tell me how it goes!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/KyRfkuHs4dc