Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just look on ebay and look for ps3 slim 3.55. Doing a quick look I see average is 160-190 might want to look in local shops if they allow you to look at the firmware.

Hybrid-T

Trophies
XP
Country
This questions leaves out so many other options besides the ones actually listed. Lets starts with the Xbox 360 is it really needed to get an E version? Can get a 2nd hand phat for half the amount and easily flash the drive. RGH is always fun as well but i think the only major pro of the RGH over the flash is the ability to play XBLA games and install your games on the internal HDD and use DLC. Xkey always works well too. Now PS3 yes the CFW problem for 3.55 is always there but the ODE option is there too but the ODE can only support up to version 4.X i cant remember anymore. Now the Switch....... well here we are now and no one here has a crystal ball or inside knowledge of the security of it so your expecting someone or some group to have a hack ready ASAP and the odds of that are as anything. IMO the easiest from my options put on the table is flashing a 360 or Xkey. But hey each to their own not everyone will agree with me and there are many pros and cons to each hack. Put in a little more research before commiting.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my father owns a ps1 thats been in the basment for my whole life but i do own a pretty mint ps2 with some of my cousins games do and slims support ps 2 and 1 games

PS1 games fully, PS2 games most of them, PSP games not a lot, but some. The PS3 Phats with PS2 chips can play all.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No stop! You're wasting your money. You already have an old gen console, you're basically buying the same console over again, just to have it hacked, what honestly is a big mistake because the life time of PS3 is already at the edge of end and you wil end up having a dead console with old games.
I would better save that money and buy either a PS4 or a Switch, and btw hacking old gen is not Worth it. Trust me. The old-gen games are dirt cheap on eBay nowadays. I got black ops 2 for 6$ on eBay. So it's basically really useless a cfw PS3 and the ban risk is pretty high on the newer games. Don't do it.

Nice opinion, I told him to get a Switch, but he chose PS3 over that.

Last edited by Zero72463,

Madikan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Unhackable league. All exploits and vulnerabilities including the ones I have are private, sorry just the way it is.
Really ? So no exploit coming in the months to come ?
That's really too bad... the PS4 has been out for almost 4 years now and still nothing :/
I'm pretty sure that the 360 had some exploits by 2010

Hypnotizing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The ps3 is always a safe choice, that is if you can get one on 3.55 or lower, i wouldn't hope on the switch getting hacked so early maybe in 1 or 2 years.

As for the ps4... I've been waiting for something to happen there, i wouldn't count on that either.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really ? So no exploit coming in the months to come ?
That's really too bad... the PS4 has been out for almost 4 years now and still nothing :/
I'm pretty sure that the 360 had some exploits by 2010
yea we do need and exploit some time soon

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

im just so undecided if i get a ps4 then i have to get games for it the ps3 is the ps3 your right its old and at its end of life. there is the xbox too i could mod that i can get the info for that but when you say you can install games on to a hard drive its like not really becuase you ant just acces it from your games menu, you have to get trough all these menus

Last edited by Dominator211,

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Putting in my 2 cents, think about why you want to do it.

Is it piracy? Then it depends on if you like the games on the system, if you use online services etc.

Is it homebrew? Look at what brew is on each console.

Is it ease of access? Basically if you want to do the least amount of work. Right now nintendo consoles are easiest, then playstation, then xbox.

Is it cheapest price? About the same situation as above.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Putting in my 2 cents, think about why you want to do it.

Is it piracy? Then it depends on if you like the games on the system, if you use online services etc.

Is it homebrew? Look at what brew is on each console.

Is it ease of access? Basically if you want to do the least amount of work. Right now nintendo consoles are easiest, then playstation, then xbox.

Is it cheapest price? About the same situation as above.[/QUOTE

part modding experence

ease of doing so not so much about the price

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PS3 CFW is overrated, well honestly most of PS3 exclusives are rather overrated. I bought a ps3 two years ago and it accumulated dust (although to be fair, I have played most of the best games on pc).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.