pob14ie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi
I finished updating to CFW via the 3dsguide on old 2DS fw 8.1.0.19 .
After finishing i did intially have the luma apps on the Homebrew launcher , but after another powerup thay are gone.
the app icon for luma3ds in the main screen just hangs on the Homebrew splashscreen.
I have booted into godmode9, and Rosalina via download and play app , which shows luma3ds v8.1.1 in the bottom so looks to be running.
FBI crashes after installs of cia files (games all work though) , and the freeshop gives a error that needs 9.6 to download some games .
firware check from setting menu shows firware version has gone from VER8.1.0-19e to sys8.1.0-19e
I want to update the firmware (11.6) now but dont know if not having the luma3ds app active on the homebrew launcher page will cause issues.
Can i just put the 3ds cia files back in and load them via fbi?

Last edited by pob14ie,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hi
I finished updating to CFW via the 3dsguide on old 2DS fw 8.1.0.19 .
After finishing i did intially have the luma apps on the Homebrew launcher , but after another powerup thay are gone.
the app icon for luma3ds in the main screen just hangs on the Homebrew splashscreen.
I have booted into godmode9, and Rosalina via download and play app , which shows luma3ds v8.1.1 in the bottom so looks to be running.
FBI crashes after installs of cia files and the freeshop gives a error that needs 9.6 to download some games (games all work though).
firware check from setting menu shows firware version has gone from VER8.1.0-19e to sys8.1.0-19e
I want to update the firware now but dont know if not having the 3ds app active on the homebrew launcher page will cause issues.
Can i just put the 3ds cia files back in and load them via fbi?
First things first. Update to 11.6.
And are you talking about homebrew launcher or about home menu?

Reactions: pob14ie

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should have completed the entire guide, which you did not if you're on 8.1, so it's impossible to know what other mistakes were made.

pob14ie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
You should have completed the entire guide, which you did not if you're on 8.1, so it's impossible to know what other mistakes were made.

I did follow all the way through the guide - finished at "
Section VIII - Cleanup SD Card"

Under this if in the blue highlighted text i am able to :

Hold select while booting and succesfully get into the luma3ds config menu

Hold start while booting and get into the godmode9 menu

In the setting menu should I be seeing what luma3ds put up or what the original genuine firmware is ?

Last edited by pob14ie,

pob14ie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
First things first. Update to 11.6.
And are you talking about homebrew launcher or about home menu?

thanks for the reply , yes was talking about the homebrew launcher , and since all other CFW apps installed it ok to got to official 11.6 fw

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did follow all the way through the guide - finished at "
Section VIII - Cleanup SD Card"

Under this if in the blue highlighted text i am able to :

Hold select while booting and succesfully get into the luma3ds config menu

Hold start while booting and get into the godmode9 menu

In the setting menu should I be seeing what luma3ds put up or what the original genuine firmware is ?
No, you clearly skipped Section II - Updating the System. I recommend you go through the finalizing setup guide again.

pob14ie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Ahh Feck ..... So ok to just re install the other CIA's over laready installed ones and then just make another copy of the sysnand.bin off the sd card .. and i'm sorted ??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr