Hacking Noob FW version question

MB1984

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

My buddy just pulled his wii out of the closet and we're thinking of modding it up. I'm experienced with XBOX 360 mods, but I have never attempted a wii before. From what I can see, the tutorials on this site are amazing and will be more than enough help to get the job done.

What I'm curious to know is, do we need to update from 3.1u to a higher version in order to play backups of some of the more recent games that we have purchased? Will running 3.1u with homebrew give us problems with specific games? Will running 3.1u give us any other problems?

Thanks in advance to those willing to reply.

Cheers

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on 3.1U for a long time and never had any problems running backups/ USB Loader or apps..

Theres alot of debate on the best firmWare but 3.2U is the safest/ best I think....??

The Zelda hack is easy to do and can be done on a 3.1U Wii just dont freak out when you do it, its not a 360 hack it'll run code on screen...It looks scary but is no big deal...

I think I've seen videos on YouTube you should watch them first to see what is going to happen..

After you install Home Brew Channel install PreLoader or BootMii incase you F*** some thing up you may have a chance to fix it....

Have Fun and GOOD LUCK!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.