Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Source

Though it was never really announced to have been a Wii title, there was still speculation saying that it was coming to the Wii what with some sites allowing people to able to pre-order a Wii version and also Wii art in game place holders in stores as well as a Wii logo being on . Anyway during an interview with Infinity War, an Activision did confirm that it wasn't coming to Nintendo's console:

QUOTE said:
The version of the game we were shown yesterday was on the Xbox 360. The game is also slated for PC and PS3. Repeating an inquiry from last week, I asked about whether there would be a Call of Duty brand property or a Modern Warfare for Wii this year — given the million-plus sales of 2008's CoD: World At War on the Wii. An Activision rep in attendance confirmed that there are no plans for MW2 to come to Nintendo's system.

Not a suprise but at least we know for sure. Nothing was said about a DS version but seeing that nothing was shown or said (plus the last one had poor sales) we can expect that there isn't a version.

Perhaps Activision will do a Wii specific game, which I hope they do as I really enjoyed the Wii version of World At War far more than The Conduit, though I hope it doesn't have the WW2 theme.

Calafas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
*snip*
Actually, this is a pretty strong contender for that title.
The had World at War, I dont see why they couldnt dumb down the graphics/gameplay for the Wii *again*.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
*snip*
*snip*
no one said that the wii would get a port of mw2, but like all other games, would get a different version entirely. however, hadrian is informing us that the wii won't even get a diff version of the game at all.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*snip*

Obvious troll is obvious.

Anyway, CoD 5 just seemed like a dumbed down "we have to make it for every system" game on the Wii. And what's wrong with The Conduit? Sure, it has cheaters, but it's still a good FPS game for the Wii (storyline is meh, but online is addictive at times).

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Really a shame, since I love the pointer-controls with FPS on Wii and CoD:WaW was pretty good IMO... I can`t stand the analog-stick controls!

But I can`t blame them, since FPS do much better on the other two plattforms, even though WoW sold over 1mio. on Wii.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_head said:
*snip*
*snip* no one said that the wii would get a port of mw2, but like all other games, would get a different version entirely. however, hadrian is informing us that the wii won't even get a diff version of the game at all.

I'm not retarded but informing us that MW2 won't come to the Wii is.
Even as a port with worst graphics the developers won't even bother.
Simply the Wii doesn't get much attention these days other than Nintendo developers.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xDlmaoxD said:
da_head said:
*snip*
*snip* no one said that the wii would get a port of mw2, but like all other games, would get a different version entirely. however, hadrian is informing us that the wii won't even get a diff version of the game at all.

Simply the Wii doesn't get much attention these days other than Nintendo developers.

o.o

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xDlmaoxD said:
*Snippy*

You're having an uphill battle when you're on a forum highly focused on Nintendo systems. And some people liked CoD 5, even if it was a "dumbed down" version.

I will agree somewhat with your third point though, since it seems all the good third party games get weak sales (No More Heroes, Madworld). I haven't looked at The Conduit sales, however. The other third party developers are mostly shovelware so yeah...

Also, learn some fucking grammar. Sentences like "with worst graphics" and "shitty Wii can't handle MW2 no surprise there" make you seem like an idiot.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have to reduce my intellect because we are censored here. Thank all those kids on the site.
Now if you want me to write properly I would probably get banned.
Also this is not grammar school, I doubt your doing above average in school.
Back to the topic, nuff said.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xDlmaoxD said:
Your posts pretty much indicate that you are.

There was always a possibility, and knowing Activision they would do a bad port and hope it'll sell off the name alone. All this thread is doing is just CONFIRMING that the speculation about a Wii version isn't true, thats it. A lot of people werent sure, and this post was meant to help them.

No need to be an arsehole about it.

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can be called retarded but when I say it it's wrong?
Give me a break.

Guy below stop flaming me, go do that "better" stuff in your life maybe some jogging might do you some good..
I get warned for using the word "retarded" how old are we again?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xDlmaoxD said:
Well I have to reduce my intellect because we are censored here. Thank all those kids on the site.
Back to the topic, nuff said I won't reply back.

Atleast I do something useful with my life instead of trolling forums without an useful commentary. I'm surprised you're not banned right now for idiocy.

I want you to write properly because you sound like you learned how to type from a "My First Keyboard" book. If you write properly you might actually use periods, commas, maybe even a colon!

Also, I doubt you're doing "above average" in school because you obviously spend too much time posting stupid comments on random forums.

Back to topic, you won't be replying to this! Hurrah! Oh, and if they make a Wii-specific game, I hope they put more time and effort into making it than essentially making it a port. Maybe they could do away with friend codes while they're at it (although I think Nintendo forces them on there because they're afraid of child molesters and stuff, since the Wii is "family friendly")

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since there was a debate, whether it will come out on Wii or not it was necessary to get a statement from the developer about this. So a huge thanks to Hadrian for keeping us informed on this subject.

IMO the lack of "good" gfx, some vehicles, zombie-mode and some other minor things were completely evened out with the kick-ass controls in CoD:WaW on Wii...

Gfx wear out, controls and gameplay usually don`t!

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did cod 5 for ds really sell that poorly? I heard that the fourth ended up selling 500k in the long run and they were hoping the fifth would do the same.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xDlmaoxD said:
I can be called retarded but when I say it it's wrong?
Give me a break.

because i'm cooler than u.
smileipb2.png

and i actually played cod 5 for the wii. it wasn't half bad. (that's saying a lot since cod 5 itself was pretty shit)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kind of surprised, but at the same token, I think that Activision is afraid to attach a stigma to the Modern Warfare series by putting it on Wii. They'll likely continue to task Treyarch with bring the CoD series to Wii, but leave the Modern Warfare thing for the more hardcore consoles. Either way, I'm not disappointed. I can fully see the appeal of MW, but after playing the first one on PC, I wasn't all that impressed. To me, it's just more WWII warfare with a modern look. The online multiplayer is amazing if that's your bag, but it's not something I'm too into right now. And really, the online seems to be what has held people's attention for the last while, and it's not something they can replicate on Wii.

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
xDlmaoxD said:
Back to the topic, nuff said I won't reply back.

Atleast I do something useful with my life instead of trolling forums without an useful commentary. I'm surprised you're not banned right now for idiocy.

I want you to write properly because you sound like you learned how to type from a "My First Keyboard" book. If you write properly you might actually use periods, commas, maybe even a colon!

Also, I doubt you're doing "above average" in school because you obviously spend too much time posting stupid comments on random forums.

Back to topic, you won't be replying to this! Hurrah! Oh, and if they make a Wii-specific game, I hope they put more time and effort into making it than essentially making it a port. Maybe they could do away with friend codes while they're at it (although I think Nintendo forces them on there because they're afraid of child molesters and stuff, since the Wii is "family friendly")
Jackson_popcorn.gif

MeleeMaster500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with Guild McCommunist and Master Mo

world at war was a huge step in the right direction for a good fps on the wii. infrared or similar aiming schemes is the best way to play fps games.

world at war sold well and they should probably cash in on the million plus "hardcore" users who know a good game on a wii and will get it. graphics seemed pretty good for running online on the wii, with the only real difficulty being lagging texture which definition took a while to load while you stared at it...

i liked the online for the conduit much better than world at war, mainly due to WaW's less generic fps gameplay, the conduit felt more like a generic robust halo clone to a degree and is overall more fun to play than the constant kill-focused call of duty online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...