NNID banned?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Gelums, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Gelums
    OP

Gelums GBAtemp Regular

Sep 17, 2016
    United States
    Alright so I was following the guide for System transfer for 11.0 systems, I got to this step:

Section VI - Restoring the source 3DS
    On the source 3DS, complete initial setup
    Do one of the following (or neither if you don’t mind the source 3DS’s NNID being nonfunctional)
    Do the rest of the sections and then the full guide on the target 3DS, then wait one week, then System Transfer from the target 3DS back to the source 3DS (remember you cannot transfer back from a New 3DS to an Old 3DS)
    Call Nintendo and tell them you no longer have access to the device that your NNID is linked to (which is the target 3DS in this case), and would like it linked to a different device (which is the source 3DS in this case)
    Reboot the source 3DS while holding Start to launch Hourglass9
    Go to SysNAND Backup/Restore and restore SysNAND from NAND.bin

So I finished the CFW on the target 3DS and called Nintendo, they told me I would be able to sign back in on my source 3DS after 24 hrs when I get the email. I got the email and that is when I decided to restore my SysNAND from NAND.bin, after that finished I went to check NNID settings and it says "You Cannot Use This Nintendo Network ID On This System".. I checked both systems and they both say that, so then I tried signing into the site online and it just keeps telling me the email address or password is not correct. When I try to retrieve NNID on the site it says "No Nintendo Network ID was found matching the information provided. Please check that you have entered the correct information." Does this mean it got banned?

On the nintendo site it says it would have to say,"This Nintendo Network ID Cannot Be Used" for it to be banned but it doesn't. I'm wondering if the transferring is still in progress or what

My friend's 3DS gets error code 022-2501 when trying to head into eshop. His console I transferred to in the first place and transferred back in the first place

Last edited by Gelums, Nov 27, 2016
  2. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Why does every thread that posts NNID ban talks about their friends 3DS? What have yo been doing before trying to to transfer the said ID? Any pokemon games you played online before release?

3. Gelums
    OP

Gelums GBAtemp Regular

Sep 17, 2016
    United States
    I was trying to get arm9loaderhax on a clean system which worked but required me to transfer my NNID and I've been trying to get it back. This has nothing to do with pokemon

4. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    You need to remove your NNID from you original system (either by injecting a dummy nnidsave.bin using Decrypt9 or by following "Removing an NNID without formatting the device" from https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting) and then you should be able to sign back in using it, assuming they have indeed moved it back for you.

Last edited by squall14716, Nov 27, 2016
    Gelums likes this.
  5. Gelums
    OP

Gelums GBAtemp Regular

Sep 17, 2016
    United States
    Thank you, I tried to use Decrypt9, for some reason it wouldn't boot on my system. Ill give the troubleshooting guide a try right now.

6. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    You need to use the A9LH version of it (assuming you have A9LH, otherwise you have to boot it from a 9.2 sysNAND).

7. Gelums
    OP

Gelums GBAtemp Regular

Sep 17, 2016
    United States
    Looks like it worked out, I tried signing back in but it still says "the information entered is not correct." error code 022-2613, when I swore everything is correct. Even on the site it tells me that the NNID doesn't exist, I'm so confused, I only want it back because it has Dsiware purchased on it for downgrade. How could I remove sysnand writing permissions after I enabled it in the Godmode9 program? It told me to unlock sysnand writing, or does it ask that everytime?