Gaming Nintendos latest update adds SD-card support!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OMG you updated??? i bet nothing works again now the cios and ios downgrade will be useless as well as tp. did you try playing madworld? bet it dont work.

CyberAxe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cyberaxe.net
XP
Country
Have you tried using the backup launcher or gamecube backup launcher? (assuming you had cios or mio installed prior to install that is as i'd imagine the installers dont work post install)

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I upgraded, but I don't mooch so it wasn't an issue.

I read that the HBC channel is fine, but the Twilight Hack is dead, but the maker is coming out with something new to get around that. He also said the way the SD card is now polled by the system, more holes are present than before or at least looks that way.

7528lawrence

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I Just Updated My wii to menu 4.0 and was able to use the cios downgrader 1.2 to go back to menu 3.2 then i used ios downgrader 1.1 i did not have to use cios fix with cios wadmannager.I just thought i would let you know.

sparky28000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
this update is totaly useless exept the sdhc support cuz if you start a game for the sd it copys a exact same file tot the wii self but you yust cant see it it i just as big as the vc game it self (so it is usless)

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you think it's useless, you're an idiot and likely are doing something wrong or haven't done it yet to see why.

Suddenly freeing up like 500MB of space on the Wii and dumping it all to a SD card does wonders for your ability to rapidly run games. yes it transfers a copy into ghost data on the system of the 1 game you last ran...so what? You can now run a crap load more stuff and fast, and you can save from the shop to the card too. The storage issue is more or less solved on the system outside of potentially still small 'max allowed' file sizes unless that was addressed too.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
of course its not useless even though it copies the game from sd to wii BUT the games AREN'T on the wii taking up space in the 1st place. SO copying over the game won't take up all your space. unless you have 512mb of saves games which is impossible!!

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rlly?sucks 4 u the more u update the less homebrew u can use.I still have 3.4 i love it.I have hbc i put it on through twilight hack i rented the game so i have a loader and i don't risk updating anymore

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's certainly better than the first but it's not awesome either.