Nintendont save file locations

shadowfire36

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to port my gamecube files into my wii u for nintendont...
memory card emulation is on...
i looked in the saves folder and created a save file with each gamecube game ID
ex...
mario party 5 = GP5E.RAW IN SD:\SAVE

so i got an error message that the data was corrupted.
i went ahead and allowed it to format it ,but i cannot find the file location now.
I went and tried another game directly from nintendont(mario kart) and created a save file.
I did not find a save file IN SD:\SAVE
I then removed the sd card created a save file for megaman x collection ,restarted the game and the save data was still there ...

So does anyone know where is this data being saved? ...its not in the SD:\SAVE folder ..
I have already deleted the cfg.bin , and did all the steps again .
Nintendont is creating save files but not to SD:\SAVE can anyone please help e figure this out ?

Last edited by shadowfire36,

Vahe61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
As long as I remember saves can be reached from virtual wii mode. Lower left "wii" icon. Some saves cannot be copied if your virtual wii is not hacked.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have been trying to port my gamecube files into my wii u for nintendont...
memory card emulation is on...
i looked in the saves folder and created a save file with each gamecube game ID
ex...
mario party 5 = GP5E.RAW IN SD:\SAVE

so i got an error message that the data was corrupted.
i went ahead and allowed it to format it ,but i cannot find the file location now.
I went and tried another game directly from nintendont(mario kart) and created a save file.
I did not find a save file IN SD:\SAVE
I then removed the sd card created a save file for megaman x collection ,restarted the game and the save data was still there ...

So does anyone know where is this data being saved? ...its not in the SD:\SAVE folder ..
I have already deleted the cfg.bin , and did all the steps again .
Nintendont is creating save files but not to SD:\SAVE can anyone please help e figure this out ?
if your game isos are on usb nintendont saves on usb:saves if isos are on sd it saves on sd:saves

Reactions: jeannotte

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could've sworn you could import saves using dolphin, then use the raw image on nintendont. I think that's what I did, and all games are saved to the same raw image. you can choose to have it save individually or all to the same image, so you don't have to do that.

shadowfire36

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your game isos are on usb nintendont saves on usb:saves if isos are on sd it saves on sd:saves
I dont think anyone is understanding my issue let me explain a bit differently

I used TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector for all my wii u gamecube installs .
All my games where installed through WUP installer GX to my wii U formatted usb drive .....

I have NOTHING in SD:\SAVE ..it is a completely empty directory

so where are the save file ??? I was under the impression that the GC games for the WII use nintendont to run , so where are the save files ? they are not on the SD:\SAVE nor in the usb or nand

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I dont think anyone is understanding my issue let me explain a bit differently

I used TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector for all my wii u gamecube installs .
All my games where installed through WUP installer GX to my wii U formatted usb drive .....

I have NOTHING in SD:\SAVE ..it is a completely empty directory

so where are the save file ??? I was under the impression that the GC games for the WII use nintendont to run , so where are the save files ? they are not on the SD:\SAVE nor in the usb or nand
if you are using wiivc injects your saves are in sd:saves either your games arent saving at all or you are looking in the wrong place like sd:wiiu/saves

its on the root and its called plural saves not save you must have memory card emulation turned on in the settings for games to save, and since you did injects i have no idea what settings you turned on, all injects always save into sd:saves

Reactions: jeannotte
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be clear, as there seems to be some confusion: If your injected GCN games (created with TeconMoon’s WiiVC Injector) are stored on either the Wii U’s formatted USB or system memory the saves will be stored in SD(root)/saves. If they are not there then something is wrong.

Insert your SD card in your PC, open the WiiVC injection tool, switch to GC injection mode, and look for a button to change the Nintendont settings (I believe it might be called nconfig or something along those lines). Make sure memory card emulation is checked and set it to the highest stable number of blocks. Save the settings to your SD card. (Change any other settings here as well if you want. They will affect all injected GCN games. The settings in the actual Nintendont app on vWii have no effect on those injected into a Wii U title).

If your games are stored on a hard drive that ISN’T Wii U formatted and you run Nintendont through the vWii’s Homebrew Channel, the saves will be stored at USB(root)/saves.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just to be clear, as there seems to be some confusion: If your injected GCN games (created with TeconMoon’s WiiVC Injector) are stored on either the Wii U’s formatted USB or system memory the saves will be stored in SD(root)/saves. If they are not there then something is wrong.

Insert your SD card in your PC, open the WiiVC injection tool, switch to GC injection mode, and look for a button to change the Nintendont settings (I believe it might be called nconfig or something along those lines). Make sure memory card emulation is checked and set it to the highest stable number of blocks. Save the settings to your SD card. (Change any other settings here as well if you want. They will affect all injected GCN games. The settings in the actual Nintendont app on vWii have no effect on those injected into a Wii U title).

If your games are stored on a hard drive that ISN’T Wii U formatted and you run Nintendont through the vWii’s Homebrew Channel, the saves will be stored at USB(root)/saves.
obviously injects are another thing entirely since nintendont is not mounting the wiiu hdd

but if you are using a regular usb fat32 then saves will have to be on usb.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Pedro if I have 120 Gamecube games on my USB device about how much space will they use for saves. Average to max size?
save size is tiny, you choose the memcard size yourself i use 256 blocks memcard per game, that is like 2 mb save per game, there is no need to choose bigger cards in options.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1