Not open for further replies.

CruzeForce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a vulnerability with the Bluetooth as the 8bitdo takes advantage and allows any controller to connect so what if someone connects a microcontroller that contains a jailbreak script, as there was a video with a jailbreak using a microcontroller, but to do that you have to open up a switch, so cant you just buy a microcontroller with a 8bitdo, put the jailbreak command on the microcontroller and then run a script that will let the switch identify it as a joycon and then add the jailbreak script? as then the switch would run anything the microcontroller says as it will be known as an admin? this would work as the Nintendo switch (including the chip) follows any joycon command and you could buy a possible microcontroller with Bluetooth like a Pico w for cheap, this would be a simple process as someone would make the script, you would connect the microcontroller with Bluetooth to the 8bitdo and run the command on the switch. I hope someone reaches out to me as a response to my theory.

Last edited by CruzeForce,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im trying to find a vulnerability its because there is a vulnerability with the Bluetooth as the 8bitdo takes advantage and allows any controller to connect so what if someone connects a microcontroller that contains a jailbreak script, as there was a video with a jailbreak using a microcontroller, but to do that you have to open up a switch, so cant you just buy a microcontroller with a 8bitdo, put the jailbreak command on the microcontroller and then run a script that will let the switch identify it as a joycon and then add the jailbreak script? as then the switch would run anything the microcontroller says as it will be known as an admin? this would work as the Nintendo switch (including the chip) follows any joycon command and you could buy a possible microcontroller with Bluetooth like a Pico w for cheap, this would be a simple process as someone would make the script, you would connect the microcontroller with Bluetooth to the 8bitdo and run the command on the switch. I hope someone reaches out to me as a response to my theory.
Your post was responded to in this thread. For the second time, use that thread instead of cluttering the forum with useless new threads.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

CruzeForce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your post was responded to in this thread. For the second time, use that thread instead of cluttering the forum with useless new threads.
I'm pretty sure that somebody will use this to make something, please stop sending messages if you don't want to support the idea or use it

CruzeForce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Controller input won't provide any kind of privileged system access. No go.
there were some flaws jailbreaking it through wifi or bluetooth but we could probably overcome those with a new script
1682193151837.png

Post automatically merged:

https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Switch_System_Flaws

EDIT: Even if you manage to break in with Bluetooth. It isn't 100% you get kernel exploit.
true, but maybe we could overcome it with a new script as that was version 4

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
there were some flaws jailbreaking it through wifi or bluetooth but we could probably overcome those with a new script
View attachment 366551

true, but maybe we could overcome it with a new script as that was version 4
This is probably to 99.9% patched or no need to care about since it have no meaningful application.
Else it would already be a exploit for it.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Let's assume that your theory is correct. What then? You would still need a kernel exploit afterwards. Or TrustZone. Whatever. And those don't exist at all atm. And on top of that, Bluetooth is so low level (afaik) that nothing big can be done with it.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Let's assume that your theory is correct. What then? You would still need a kernel exploit afterwards. Or TrustZone. Whatever. And those don't exist at all atm. And on top of that, Bluetooth is so low level (afaik) that nothing big can be done with it.
I think the idea is like with blue bomb. But I highly doubt it's as easy on the Switch as with the WIi.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is a vulnerability with the Bluetooth as the 8bitdo takes advantage and allows any controller to connect so what if someone connects a microcontroller that contains a jailbreak script, as there was a video with a jailbreak using a microcontroller, but to do that you have to open up a switch, so cant you just buy a microcontroller with a 8bitdo, put the jailbreak command on the microcontroller and then run a script that will let the switch identify it as a joycon and then add the jailbreak script? as then the switch would run anything the microcontroller says as it will be known as an admin? this would work as the Nintendo switch (including the chip) follows any joycon command and you could buy a possible microcontroller with Bluetooth like a Pico w for cheap, this would be a simple process as someone would make the script, you would connect the microcontroller with Bluetooth to the 8bitdo and run the command on the switch. I hope someone reaches out to me as a response to my theory.
There are threads like this posted pretty often and there's a reason that after so many of them that there are no more useful exploits. The Switch is a pretty tough console in terms of security. RCM was a fluke more than anything and I doubt we'd get anything as 'easy' as that again. It will take years of research to find anything that SciresM hasn't found already. They already reversed engineered basically the whole firmware and found nothing useful (Yes, there is a chance they missed something).

People are pretty desperate for something on V2 but there are still options (modchips) and that's the way it's going to stay for a while unfortunately. You have to either get a V1 or a modchip for a V2. As much as I hate to say stuff like "if you don't know what you're talking about then don't try" well... This is one of those cases as it's so much more complicated than vulnerability = jailbreak/CFW/etc.

Reactions: peteruk and Lumince

CruzeForce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct. I doubt that nintendo will make the same mistakes like on their old consoles.
But then also, they did allow the OLED to have the same chip as the v2 but y'all are right, this might not work but I'm still testing it out, I will post a response after I make the script on a microcontroller and test it, if this works then I'll post it on gbatemp

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But then also, they did allow the OLED to have the same chip as the v2 but y'all are right, this might not work but I'm still testing it out, I will post a response after I make the script on a microcontroller and test it, if this works then I'll post it on gbatemp
"You Da Man! F the haters and do it!"

Last edited by BigOnYa,
  • Haha
Reactions: impeeza and M7L7NK7

CruzeForce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"You Da Man! F the haters and do it!"
Thank you for the motivational response ☺️

I think the idea is like with blue bomb. But I highly doubt it's as easy on the Switch as with the WIi.
It actually is

Using trustzone

CruzeForce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Controller input won't provide any kind of privileged system access. No go.
There was a wifi/Bluetooth jailbreak by yellows8 on switch firmware v4

Aight! Go for it!
Wow, thanks a lot, I will try to wrap this up by the end of summer
But then also if anyone wants to help I will post my discord right now

Cruze Force#4787

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat