Hacking Nintendo Switch stuck on Hecate HPL screen PKG2 decryption fail

integ209

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI All, Need some help, been trying to get the switch up and running for the last 3 days with all the info i gathered here and elsewhere.

Switch is on either 8.1 or 8.01 when i got it according the burn fuse count dump( 10 burnt)

The switch was stuck on the Nintendo screen when i got it and cannot go into recovery mode. So i figure i will downgrade to 5.01 and then upgrade to 8.1 from there. I didn't do a backup of Nand or boot because i figured its corrupted anyway.

I was able to go through the official downgrade process without any issues, but when i get to the final part the boot the ngoc kip file from hecate, it just hangs on the Hecate IPL scree. then i tried changing the IPL file in boot loader and boot custom firmware its hangs on the HEcate IPL screen too but gives me the PKg2 decryption fails HOS failed.

was gonna give up but did some more reading, and maybe my error is boot0 and boot1 does not match? or maybe something to do with the Nand,

any guidance is much appreciated.

also saw a file from Mattytrog on GitHub for the boot0 and boot1 backup but not able to open due to password lock. I could not message him since I just sign up.

thank you

integ209

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found the password, thanks dusty!

will try tonight when I get home.

also if u know or if someone could chime in if I’m on the right track? Or this is not it at all

thanks

integ209

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still getting the same error with the new boot 0 and 1.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Side note. Anyone know how I can just build 8.0.1 firmware and load it? Choidujour does not support this firmware I I think. . I’m thinking 8.01 since that’s the fuses that’s burnt on switch. I don’t mind updating to latest firmware too if I could figure how. Thanks

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Side note. Anyone know how I can just build 8.0.1 firmware and load it? Choidujour does not support this firmware I I think. . I’m thinking 8.01 since that’s the fuses that’s burnt on switch. I don’t mind updating to latest firmware too if I could figure how. Thanks
You might want to follow this MMC rebuild guide. Make sure you make a NAND backup beforehand.
https://suchmememanyskill.github.io/guides/unbrick/#mmc-rebuild

integ209

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Lacius,

Tried your steps, does not work.

dump firmware i got is the one i injected from the downgrade tutorial(5.1.0)

so the error i got is from emmchacgen:

Could not find specified Program Id (0100000000000809)
Is your firmware dump valid?

do you know of any other process i could try

thanks

Stoned

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Try this for Building

https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/EmmcHaccGen

Oops Sorry not seen

You might want to follow this MMC rebuild guide. Make sure you make a NAND backup beforehand.
https://suchmememanyskill.github.io/guides/unbrick/#mmc-rebuild

Last edited by Stoned,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1