Hardware Nintendo Switch Handheld Only Bundle Announced

Is this being released to block cfw and patch the bootrom?

• Yes they are trying to correct their mistakes

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • No they will block all online services by banning anyway

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • This is just a ploy for money

Votes: 21 48.8%

• Total voters

Jayammi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i thought by now it would have been posted on here but since noone has covered this, i saw this several hours ago on the internet.

“While the dockless bundle would also be good for handheld purists, Nintendo is marketing this as a ‘Nintendo Switch 2nd Set’ in Japan. The main goal is to get households to buy a second Switch for their home. The bundle removes the TV dock, the HDMI cable and the ‘Grip’ controller. Currently, this is only available in Japan, but we will likely see it spread to the west sooner rather than later.”

In Japan, this new bundle is being sold for ¥26,978. In the west, this would translate to roughly a $50 or £40 discount over the regular Switch bundle.

Original source from kitguru:https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/nintendo-is-releasing-a-handheld-only-switch-bundle/

Attachments

• 69372D5C-7BEF-4079-846B-660FB68D2184.jpeg
    69372D5C-7BEF-4079-846B-660FB68D2184.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 484
Last edited by Jayammi,

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like if they were going to do that here they'd have to cut closer to $200 considering they charge $90 for a dock set though I guess they set the AC adapter to $30 itself, so maybe this is closer to the mark they expect from retail. Either way, this seems like a smart way to cash in on handheld only people in Japan, if they can find a way to discount it further than it's probably a good way to get some extra sales w/o having to do an early price cut like the 3DS (not that they even need to at this point).

Side note: Everything a corporation does is "a ploy for money", that's just staying in business.

Last edited by Hking0036,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it wasn't for the price, this would have been a good bundle for not just the handheld only people, but people that don't mind sharing the dock. Might be less likely they will do a Switch mini, when they can just do this.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
. The main goal is to get households to buy a second Switch for their home.
they don't need to do a thing, people want 2 switches, one for online, the other for free games
but maybe its nintendo's plan?
"YOU WANTED A SECOND SWITCH FOR LEGIT GAEMZ AND ONLINE, HERE'S A BUNDLE FOR YA"

Reactions: Deleted User

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why isn't this news front page?
Ok we got the portable only switch. When do we get the dock-able only switch that has no screen, no joy cons and comes bundled with a pro controller?
If they do this, they would probably give you the Joy-Con and the Joy-Con Grip (maybe the charging one), not the pro controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol