Hacking Nintendo Switch endless sys-clk

Bucklerff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enabled sys clk for one game on the emulator. And I accidentally turned off the console completely, as usual I loaded the payload. And I noticed that my switch was very hot, I wanted to see what was the matter and saw that the tesla menu was not working. Opening the sys clk manager, I noticed that it was working. I pressed the shutdown button on it. It still worked automatically. I rebooted the console several times. uninstalled and reinstalled sys clk. Yes, it's my fault, but does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Enabled sys clk for one game on the emulator. And I accidentally turned off the console completely, as usual I loaded the payload. And I noticed that my switch was very hot, I wanted to see what was the matter and saw that the tesla menu was not working. Opening the sys clk manager, I noticed that it was working. I pressed the shutdown button on it. It still worked automatically. I rebooted the console several times. uninstalled and reinstalled sys clk. Yes, it's my fault, but does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
If you are using the normal sys-clk - not a modified version to apply system wide your overclock settings will only apply when you run the specific game you used the settings for (I'm guessing you used title redirect - held-R when loading a specific game then launched the emulator. Therefore your Switch won't be overclocked unless you play the game you set the sys-clk settings for and it shouldn't overheat unless in that specific game you set the settings for.

If you want to remove all sys-clk settings without getting into the Tesla menu remove the sys-clk config file from your SD card.
Sys-clk shouldn't make your switch overheat anyway even on max OC settings 1785/921/1600 unless you are running in a hot environment, and your switch shouldn't be overheating with no overclock either.

If you have status-monitor installed what are the temperature is your switch reporting when you feel it is 'very hot'?

Reactions: Bucklerff

Bucklerff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you are using the normal sys-clk - not a modified version to apply system wide your overclock settings will only apply when you run the specific game you used the settings for (I'm guessing you used title redirect - held-R when loading a specific game then launched the emulator. Therefore your Switch won't be overclocked unless you play the game you set the sys-clk settings for and it shouldn't overheat unless in that specific game you set the settings for.

If you want to remove all sys-clk settings without getting into the Tesla menu remove the sys-clk config file from your SD card.
Sys-clk shouldn't make your switch overheat anyway even on max OC settings 1785/921/1600 unless you are running in a hot environment, and your switch shouldn't be overheating with no overclock either.

If you have status-monitor installed what are the temperature is your switch reporting when you feel it is 'very hot'?
temperature from 45-50°+.(unused). in standby mode, it feels like the switch is a little in action and the temperature is about 34 °. I have a regular version of sys clk. First, in the tesla menu, I turned on sys clk, then I opened the homebrew app application with R pressed and there I already opened the emulator I needed. I recently used sys clk and only overclocked it in one tab, not for a specific game, but for the switch itself. I downloaded sys clk manager so that I could disable it through it. I disabled it in the program, but nothing changed. After restarting the switch, in sys clk manager it shows that sys clk is working. I deleted all possible sys clk files, but nothing has changed. My switch does not stop warming up, and in sys clk manager it shows that overclock is on. maybe during the shutdown he buged or something .
IMG_20220829_202318.png

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My switch does not stop warming up, and in sys clk manager it shows that overclock is on. maybe during the shutdown he buged or something .
Seriously, if completely redoing your CFW setup won't fix it, all hope is lost.
Remove everything from your SD (or back it up to your PC, put only vanilla CFW files on it (Atmosphere and additionally hekate), report back.

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
temperature from 45-50°+.(unused). in standby mode, it feels like the switch is a little in action and the temperature is about 34 °. I have a regular version of sys clk. First, in the tesla menu, I turned on sys clk, then I opened the homebrew app application with R pressed and there I already opened the emulator I needed. I recently used sys clk and only overclocked it in one tab, not for a specific game, but for the switch itself. I downloaded sys clk manager so that I could disable it through it. I disabled it in the program, but nothing changed. After restarting the switch, in sys clk manager it shows that sys clk is working. I deleted all possible sys clk files, but nothing has changed. My switch does not stop warming up, and in sys clk manager it shows that overclock is on. maybe during the shutdown he buged or something . View attachment 324940
Your clocks are normal they are default not overclocked even with sys-clk enabled. That homebrew app your using will let you enable sys-clk even if you remove all of its files but it won't actually do anything I believe but not 100% sure

In your case it does not matter whether you have sys-clk enabled or not as the clocks are the default non-overclocked ones - this means your switch might need new thermal paste or the fans cleaned.

I would not be concerned about your temperature. unless your switch is reaching over 65-70 degrees Celecius when playing a game in handheld or docked mode.

Bucklerff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your clocks are normal they are default not overclocked even with sys-clk enabled. That homebrew app your using will let you enable sys-clk even if you remove all of its files but it won't actually do anything I believe but not 100% sure

In your case it does not matter whether you have sys-clk enabled or not as the clocks are the default non-overclocked ones - this means your switch might need new thermal paste or the fans cleaned.

I would not be concerned about your temperature. unless your switch is reaching over 65-70 degrees Celecius when playing a game in handheld or docked mode.
I changed the thermal paste over a year ago and it happened in an instant after sys clk. That's very weird. Today I opened the emulator and tried to play the game. There is no overclocking. But now the problem is that my switch is in action all the time even in rest mode. It drains very quickly, as if something is running in the background. It discharged overnight.

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I changed the thermal paste over a year ago and it happened in an instant after sys clk. That's very weird. Today I opened the emulator and tried to play the game. There is no overclocking. But now the problem is that my switch is in action all the time even in rest mode. It drains very quickly, as if something is running in the background. It discharged overnight.
Action all the time you mean the fans on? Please give me temperature readings from Status Monitor when the Switch is just in the Home menu and when you are running a game, preferably screenshots.

In hekate run a battery check and upload the screenshot of the results. Your battery may have started to degrade significantly which leads to discharging issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8