Hardware Nintendo offering exchanges for new units.

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, wanted responses based on exploitable units.

So apparently Nintendo are offering free upgrades to their newer console revision. I'm assuming this is lowkey to do with trying to get rid of exploitable units? All the newer unit really has that is beneficial is a slightly better battery and of course, won't be exploitable. Obviously I'm not going to do the exchange but I'd assume maybe even sending a console for repairs might just lead to you getting this replacement too maybe?

Source I found this out from is here:
https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/16/...w-model-upgrade-free-july-better-battery-life

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The service only applies to users who bought a Switch after July 17th. I doubt very many Switches purchased around this time are exploitable anyways and would be iPatched units. I doubt their primary motivation is to remove exploitable units from the market. Sure they might do this in some way with their repair service but that's nothing new really. :P

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The service only applies to users who bought a Switch after July 17th. I doubt very many Switches purchased around this time are exploitable anyways and would be iPatched units. I doubt their primary motivation is to remove exploitable units from the market. Sure they might do this in some way with their repair service but that's nothing new really. :P

Ah gotcha, I missed that part. Guess it's just for those who were unlucky enough to buy it just before the revision then. See I thought I might just be being far fetched.

In fact it's literally in the title of the article now I just feel stupid hahaha

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Nah I"m keeping mine. Unpatched switches will probably cost a fortune in the years to come.
Except all consoles eventually get hacked. Just take a look at the Wii, Wii U, and 3DS scene. The more popular a console is, the faster it gets hacked. Maybe unpatched units cost more right now but that's only temporary.

Last edited by bowser,

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Except all consoles eventually get hacked. Just take a look at the Wii, Wii U, and 3DS scene. The more popular a console is, the faster it gets hacked. Maybe unpatched units cost more right now but that's only temporary.
Of course everything will get hacked eventually but if nothing happens in the next couple of years with patched switches then a bumped up priced unpatched switch will be an easy sell.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
If my day 0 Switch was eligible I'd trade it in right away.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 with Tapatalk

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Wii Mini didn't , and it was a new Wii revision just like what we're seeing now with the Switch Lite and the new Switch revision

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, do you think that the revised unit and Switch Lite can be hacked? I know Lite doesn't release until September but the revised unit is available and I haven't read anything about the revised unit being hacked but I perhaps I missed something... Does anyone know anything?

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey, do you think that the revised unit and Switch Lite can be hacked? I know Lite doesn't release until September but the revised unit is available and I haven't read anything about the revised unit being hacked but I perhaps I missed something... Does anyone know anything?
Not at the moment.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yer not getting me hacked switch *moonwalks past Nintendo*

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nobody knows for sure, but I wouldn't count on it. They'll definitely be patched and hackers haven't gotten around patched units currently past 4.1 FW. Maybe one day, but not immediately.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I mean I love the way that the idea of Nintendo wanting to "get vulnerable switches out of circulation" was debunked within like 2 posts, yet we still have plenty of "nice try, Nintendo" comments after the fact.

Reactions: Ian095

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...