Ninjhax or Menuhax?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by ☆Jimmy☆, Mar 26, 2016.

1. ☆Jimmy☆
    OP

☆Jimmy☆ Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2016
    United States
    I used Ninjhax on my old 3ds 9.5.0 and it worked pretty well. One night I was using the Homebrew app that lets you access the Eshop. I was in the shop. I was tired so I closed my 3ds lid overnight when I went to sleep, and when I woke up... The screen was black. It turns on but only a blue light appears. It doesn't really matter because I have a 3ds XL.

On my 3ds XL, I downgraded to 9.2, installed Menuhax, got Emunand working. I updated to the latest update in Emunand. When I updated, I saw that you could have menu layouts.

Me being the idiot I am, I created a new menu layout. My 3ds XL died a little while after that. When I plugged it in, I couldn't boot into Menhax. I know you aren't supposed to change themes with Menuhax, but I didn't know that making a custom menu layout would do the same thing as if you were to change your theme if you were using Menuhax.

I personally think that me that Menuhax is better, even though I can't change my theme if I am using it. I still have the Ninjhax cartridge. I just want to know the pros and cons of Ninjhax and Menuhax.

Thanks! :)

2. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    You do know that you can install custom themes using the menuhax installer right??

eskinner3742 likes this.
  3. ☆Jimmy☆
    OP

☆Jimmy☆ Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2016
    United States
    No. I had no idea.

4. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada