Hacking New YSmenu 2008/09/13

fathawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does everyone have a hardon for YSMENU? If you want a crap menu with no touch screen support and a cheap looking file browse system go ahead. If not just use TTMENU and use driveSort to sort your roms.

zardoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll tell you why... TTMENU cannot handle more than so many files, and on an 8GB SDHC it's very easy to beat that limit, so some roms dont show up in the TT menu.

YSMenu either has no limit or a much bigger limit. All roms show up.

Regards,
Z.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't forget all the extra built in slot 2 features of YSMenu. Running NES and GB/C games directly from the menu is a really nice feature.

fathawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks xkenshinx. I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one using TTMENU! If all you are using the card for is playing ROMS, then TTMENU is the way to go!

Dr.Norton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i use ttds menu aswell, and fatsort.

who the hell is storing up to 8 gigs of games anyway? you all must not finish your games or collect garbage. 2-4gig should be enough and if ur storing media past 2 gigs, you might aswell invest in a computer theres no point in storing vids, some pics are alright i sopose, and a vid from time to time, but come on, who the hell needs a higher limit support?

like xkenshinx said
"To each his own" =)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fathawg said:
Why does everyone have a hardon for YSMENU? If you want a crap menu with no touch screen support and a cheap looking file browse system go ahead. If not just use TTMENU and use driveSort to sort your roms.

Another reason is because it can be made to work on an R4 which doesn't receive any "official" updates anymore to gain compatibility for games that don't work on the official 1.18 firmware.

fathawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was refering to YSMENU for DSTT not R4. YSMENU is a good option for R4 since it is no longer supported.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question, but using a EZFlash 3in1 and YSMenu on an R4, do I need to SRAM patch the GBA roms or can I use a clean ROM? Also, not a big deal but is it possible to link DS and GBA games this way?

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
jhoff80 said:
Stupid question, but using a EZFlash 3in1 and YSMenu on an R4, do I need to SRAM patch the GBA roms or can I use a clean ROM?
You can use clean roms, the patching is done automatically, but you should use GBA ExpLoader instead, it has better compatibility with games, such as the nes classics

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sephi said:
jhoff80 said:
Stupid question, but using a EZFlash 3in1 and YSMenu on an R4, do I need to SRAM patch the GBA roms or can I use a clean ROM?
You can use clean roms, the patching is done automatically, but you should use GBA ExpLoader instead, it has better compatibility with games, such as the nes classics

Ah okay thanks. As for compatibility with games, I'm waiting on my 3in1 to arrive sometime next week probably, but there's only like 15-20 games I really want it for so if YSMenu plays those fine, I'll probably just stick with that for convenience's sake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill