Hacking Question New sx core & sx lite

ChunksBabyRuth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if it’s full proof? I just recently saw that people could “hack” the newer switch models. I can get my hands on a older hackable model but if I can get a newer switch with better battery life I’d much rather have that.
Edit: Can you install the trinket on the newer switches?

Reactions: Reecey

ChunksBabyRuth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't install the classic modchip om the mew units. And to install the new one, you need to be rather good at soldering.
Well let’s say you install the new mod chip successfully, do you put the switch into rcm mode using a jig or can you solder a trinket m0 to the board and throw it into rcm mode that way?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well let’s say you install the new mod chip successfully, do you put the switch into rcm mode using a jig or can you solder a trinket m0 to the board and throw it into rcm mode that way?
No. Trinket wont work with switch lite period. The new sx mod chip claims it will work with switch lite but it hasn't been released yet.

D

Deleted User

The new hack probably isn’t something that everyone would feel comfortable installing, but you could just pay someone else to do it. Given the choice I’d also rather have the improved battery Switch as the difference is very noticeable.

cutekooh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's get this out of the way,
Old hackable switches can be hacked via putting the system in RCM mode. To do that you need a jig, however if you were to install a modchip yourself, there is an option to which you can solder on an RCM strap so that it does the jigging for you (means you no longer need a jig).

New switches are unhackable aside from SX's solution with their own custom modchip. Their custom modchip "behaves" like an m0 trinket for the old switches, with the only difference is that the new modchips dont work on old devices and vice versa. I say "behaves" loosely is because no one knows how SX's modchips work...yet. But from what we can tell from the videos online, it seems to do a combination of exploiting a vulnerability (RCM or smth else) and injecting a code to load their custom bootloader.

So to answer your question, If you have the new modchip on a new device, you don't need to worry about any kind of RCM, no jigs, no modes. The new modchip will automatically do it all for you.
Trinket M0 is only applicable to older devices.
Additionally, since the new chips have not start shipping to the public yet (currently just testers), and Nintendo has placed multiple lawsuits on their resellers, it may be difficult to find a new modchip once it comes out.

TL;DR Assuming your a micro-soldering pro. If you can get your hands on the new modchip, go with the new switch. Otherwise, old switch and install trinket m0.

Reactions: ragestaker21

Diskun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
nice pictures, but with no instruction to build in it, mabe fake?
still no proof running this shit
2 month futher very bad
There are plenty of proof. One tester even did a livestream of the installation process. You have videos in the main thread. And in YouTube too.

Snewman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new hack probably isn’t something that everyone would feel comfortable installing, but you could just pay someone else to do it. Given the choice I’d also rather have the improved battery Switch as the difference is very noticeable.
I’m definitely interested in the new mod chip, but not comfortable at all in any soldiering. I purchased the original SX OS and installed it, obviously for testing purposes. I had to send my Switch in for repairs and afterwards got back a patched Switch that could not run the SX OS. I was so frustrated that I sold my Switch on eBay and wish I had not done that now.

D

Deleted User

I’m definitely interested in the new mod chip, but not comfortable at all in any soldiering. I purchased the original SX OS and installed it, obviously for testing purposes. I had to send my Switch in for repairs and afterwards got back a patched Switch that could not run the SX OS. I was so frustrated that I sold my Switch on eBay and wish I had not done that now.

I wouldn't feel too bummed about it :) Once the mod chips are more available, you could simply buy mod chip + any Switch + find an installer = hacked Switch with improved battery life!

NintendoModder1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey ima join this little chat so The problem is where do I get someone to put a MOD CHIP into a system Obviously I can’t ask Nintendo so what place do I even get it done because NO ONE would want to open there switches motherboard and put a chip without breaking it like xd

ozling

Trophies
XP
Country
hey ima join this little chat so The problem is where do I get someone to put a MOD CHIP into a system Obviously I can’t ask Nintendo so what place do I even get it done because NO ONE would want to open there switches motherboard and put a chip without breaking it like xd
Google "Modchip Installation Service" and you'll get a few answers, hopefully in your neighbourhood.

Reactions: ChunksBabyRuth

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)