Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
QUOTE said:
Advertising

Members are not allowed to create topics or posts intended only to promote or advertise their own or any website(s) without staff permission.

Members may link to their own website/forum in their signature and profile as long as the advert is non-obtrusive.

Besides, thanks for your suggestions guys, I'll update the chart with the new info! Expect the remaining slot-1 to be added during the day.

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the great chart, but M3 does have a support forum at: http://www.m3-forum.com

I was about to say the exact same thing
tongue.gif
lol

And nice work with this chart! Better than I expected to ever see

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
OK, I've edited the charts with your suggestions;
and sorry Psyfira about the tickboxes at the top... it's just a table, I don't know why they don't resize with the page... bah.

I'm adding other slot-1s now, starting with the X9 YEAH FINALLY
sleep.gif

abr

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good work.
I suggest to add how many Mbyte and what kind of file system (FAT/FAT32) the card support

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I've just added the X9 in the chart. Please check the chart and tell me what I've done wrong (there's always something wrong...)

and yes, I will be adding the file system info
smile.gif

what do you mean by "how many Mbyte" though ?

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
'bout X9:
Connection to computer: says X only, while others say "Via removable media only" and this also works with microsd doesn't it?.

NDS homebrew compatibility: Quite good+Green... wtf? Afaik it was just like R4, but then without the improvement of the DLDI, cause they haven't released their FAT stuff yet, so that would actually make it quite bad+red... or am I missing something.
huh.gif

Also, which site do you check for the prices, cause it seems that you've taken winsunx for X9's price, but a more expensive store for the others.
http://www.winsunx.com/list.php?mod=Development_Tools
As you can see X9 isn't cheaper then R4 or something...

I've just added the X9 in the chart. Please check the chart and tell me what I've done wrong (there's always something wrong...)

and yes, I will be adding the file system info
smile.gif

what do you mean by "how many Mbyte" though ?
Probably if they support 2GB MicroSD's or something, I believe AceKard doesn't, cause it has a limited MicroSD brand chart, which doesn't include 2GB MicroSD's yet, and also X9 and SuperCard may give problems with those as they require special microsd's too...

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
To answer your questions:
- I've corrected the mistake ("removable media only")
- have you checked wiki.scorpei.com? read the X9 page and tell me what you think of the homebrew section (apps + games) I find it "quite good" if not excellent. It's hard to give a judgement...
- the prices are taken from http://www.gameyeeeah.com of course, and since they don't sell the X9, I used the price from Winsunx
smile.gif

I don't know about the supported sizes... I don't have the info myself. If you can tell that for every slot1 in the chart, I'll add it. Otherwise, I can't verify it.

adding the Acekard now...

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
- have you checked wiki.scorpei.com? read the X9 page and tell me what you think of the homebrew section (apps + games) I find it "quite good" if not excellent. It's hard to give a judgement...
- the prices are taken from http://www.gameyeeeah.com of course, and since they don't sell the X9, I used the price from Winsunx
smile.gif
- yeah, they have listed all the games and stuff that even work with a homebrew incompatible piece of crap like AceKard, impresive... but it doesn't support anything that uses FAT (except for their own modified moonshell) and that's the problem that would be solveable with DLDI support (for the homebrew that uses DLDI), but as they still haven't released their FAT stuff yet, there is no DLDI thing for X9, so it's not that it's not there because stuff works without it, it doesn't work without it, only things that don't require the fat stuff anyway work without it as they would work without it on another cart. Now until I see some confirmed comparisons between like R4 and X9 about what works and what not, I will not believe X9 is the king of homebrew.
- hmmkay, so if we compare games in europe and take the prices €60,-; €60,-; €60,- hmm a game that doesn't exist in europe, let's find an US shop, hmm $50,-; €60,- then don't you think that $50,- dollar looks unfairly cheaper then the rest, even though in the US the €60 stuff costs $50,- too? It's a comparison chart, so just take the lowest price of all if you use different shops, to make a good comparison...

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I understand what you mean about the homebrew, I'll correct the chart
smile.gif

about the prices, I would like to include the official prices.
I don't know where to get them, but I know that the guy in charge for Gameyeeeah.com is also in charge of the R4 team (that's what I understood from our discussions).

The AceKard has been added.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The AceKard has been added.
Okay, let's see.
smile.gif

NDS game compatibility: Slowdowns in some games even with good MicroSD cards.
What games slow down? *-) Haven't noticed with Kingston 1GB yet, but on the other hand, haven't tested much yet either.

Skinnable OS X
Skinnability since 1.03 is available, but it's only changing background images, so think it should be like "V Very Basic"

Download play support, I don't think there's a difference between R4 and AceKard with this, so then they shouldn't be judged unequal either... X9 isn't much different from R4 too though, it only has like 2 games less compatibility...

Supported file systems (empty), should be AKFS?

Save files X
Save files are extracted using the client software.

Save files X... No save files? and to get them you need to use the software yes... as you can't access the cart with windows, so that's kindof logical. It just uses raw for the rest afaik...

ninjedi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good work.
One comment:
Under R4 (probably same with M3) it states that Touch Screen OS "only main screen is touch sensitive".
On my R4 ALL menus are touch sensitive. For example, in the Games menu I can launch an application or game by touching the icon.

Chowder.

Hmm, so you must select the game with the +buttons, then what's the use of the touch screen if the selecting already goes with the buttons, then the touch screen has no other purpose then an A button. I think it mainly wants to say that the game selecting is not doable by touch screen...

Understood, but that is not what the guide states.
The comment "only main screen is touch sensitive" is incorrect.
The touch screen is supported in the O/S and hopefully will become more useful.

bullet007

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, question about Download Play. Don't all slot1 carts (except DSLink) have the same download play compatibility since it all depends on whether or not the individual game requires a RSA (iirc) check or not?

Also, on the X9, under DLDI Support, it should say something along the lines of "No DLDI available, 3rd party homebrew patcher is used"

Also, I know that it is not out yet, but shouldn't the X9's wifi transfer be included under Extra Features (we know it is in the works, as code for it can be found in firmware updates and the arm9 of the X9)

And finally, the X9 gets updated frequently (around 8 updates since release in November), almost as frequently as the R4's updates. (X9 team are just not as public about them, they just post the update in the forum and thats it)

EDIT: one more thing, the X9 does have multimedia capabilities through the X9 Version of Moonshell.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Understood, but that is not what the guide states.
The comment "only main screen is touch sensitive" is incorrect.
The touch screen is supported in the O/S and hopefully will become more useful.

Yeah, it's a bit incorrect, but if you want to compare the carts and see, hey it supports touch screen, that's cool I want it, then you check it out and notice that the touch screen is only used as an alternative for the A button, then you're disapointed, so until the touch screen is really used for something, I think it's fine this way. You can't put a whole story in the chart, so "Touch screen supported on main screen and to confirm the game selection, not supported to browse your stuff" would be a little to long I'm afraid.

Hmm, question about Download Play. Don't all slot1 carts (except DSLink) have the same download play compatibility since it all depends on whether or not the individual game requires a RSA (iirc) check or not?

Also, on the X9, under DLDI Support, it should say something along the lines of "No DLDI available, 3rd party homebrew patcher is used"

Also, I know that it is not out yet, but shouldn't the X9's wifi transfer be included under Extra Features (we know it is in the works, as code for it can be found in firmware updates and the arm9 of the X9)
You're almost correct on the download play compatibility. They're all the same, with the exception of DS-X cause it somehow allows MarioKart and NSMB to run, and X9 is rumored to have 2 games not working (Big Brain Academy and Ridge Racer) which work on other carts. For the rest they seem all the same yes.

No, it shouldn't, but what it says now is false too.
DLDI is used for File Access compatibility with all supported carts. X9 doesn't support DLDI and therefore doesn't work with any homebrew requiring file acces. So the statement "DLDI not required for most homebrew apps and games" is incorrect, as it is required, but not available.
The patcher however is to support normal, non-fat using homebrew, which I believe works with R4 without patching...

No, if it's not out yet, it shouldn't be listed. If it comes out I guess it'll be updated...

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
for "Updates frequency" you put "Correct " for acekard. What ever that means.

Also, you might want to put a notice for the same category for the newer products since they haven't been releasing updates for at least a year. So no telling if they get sloppy.

Other than that, it's orgasmic.

ros_128

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a small suggestion:

The X's under Flashed DS required make it look like it's a bad thing to not need flashme in order to use your card. Maybe make it Does Not Require Flashed DS just for ease of convience. You know, cuz some people look at those X's as black marks against the cards and the checks as good things.

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Great stuff! But one thing made me confused...when looking on download and play for M3 and R4 it only sais "Except some Nintendo games (NSMB, Mario Kart,...) " uhm..does that mean all games except them or?
huh.gif

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great stuff! But one thing made me confused...when looking on download and play for M3 and R4 it only sais "Except some Nintendo games (NSMB, Mario Kart,...) " uhm..does that mean all games except them or?Â
huh.gif
No, also Worms, Yoshi T&G, Metroid, etc. are not supported. As worms doesn't work, while tetris does work, it doesn't really mather if it's Nintendo or not, it only mathers if it's protected or not.
You can find a pretty much full list of what works and what doesn't here for M3/R4. This is probably equal to EZ-V, AceKard, SuperCard DS and other flashcarts as well...

dnzperson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
How bout have an option to filter for things like memory and price, so people could select an option to only show carts below $50 or only show carts that use expandable memory etc.

Just an idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)