Hacking new R4 user

philtherockgod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I purchased my R4 card about 12 months ago. I didn't realise until recently I could upgrade the firmware. Can someone advise on which update to use and also how to install it....many thanks

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You could go to r4li (here) and download the 1.23 kernel for the R4, and then get ysmenu. YSMenu has a lot better compatability with games and homebrew (sometimes) and it's really easy to put on if you use r4ysauto or a2h's ysmenu generator thing.

philtherockgod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been using it for a year....perfectly, other than certain roms do not play..."CANNOT LOAD DATA FILE" or something like that. I have been advised by a colleague to try upgrading the firmware. As a new user I haven't figured out how to upload pictures to the forum. R4 card is a black and silver case with R4 revolution for DS lettering.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Oh dear, One of the ones i dont know how to do properly, Where did you get the firmware you have for it now? And what size microSD are you using, if its 2GB, Maybe you have a legit R4. Meaning not a fake copy like most.

So what firmware is on it right now? if you know.
And did you get it off a site, if you did, thatmight help me.

philtherockgod

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You guys are the business......wow, fantastic, .........all non playable games are now working......many, many thanks.....all I need to do now is do the same for my 2 grandsons...I will be the best grandad ever....WICKED.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs