New "Poketoon" short animation takes inspiration from classic Golden Age era cartoons

Every so often, the official Pokemon Kids TV YouTube channel will upload cute animations featuring various Pokemon in cartoon shorts, geared towards younger audiences in Japan. This time, their latest animation is a bit more unique than usual, though, taking major inspiration from the era of American cartoons where Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry were at their peak. The short, titled as "PokeToon: Chase the Beans" is drawn in a similar fashion to legendary animator Chuck Jones' style, and even sports a very Looney Tunes-esque logo at the start. While the video was uploaded to the Japanese Pokemon channel, it has no dialogue and thus can be enjoyed worldwide.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure I personally saw season 1 -3 (Kanto/Jhoto/Hoen) Ash was always a lame character I always liked Brock he is a PG version of Miroku from Inuyasha (If you watched that before) Almost evrey chareter was more interesting than the bland character "Ash" They need a mature version of pokemon I think Twilight Wings covers it but it is too short and everything is mostly fillers.

View attachment 212465
Feel like my previous post was over your head. I didn't say anything about Ash/Satoshi being the main draw of the show. The series is kept going, as way to market new gen Pokemon. The story is kinda repeat, so new kids wouldn't miss anything story wise anytime Ash does a reset. This keeps the sale for the franchise.

So if one wish to have a better anime series, one would hope they would try something different as a mean for marketing, so they can create a different series for older fans.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👍