'New Pokémon Snap' gets release trailer

poke snap.JPG

First announced last June, New Pokémon Snap launches today on the Nintendo Switch. For the occasion, a brand-new trailer was released today on the official Pokémon YouTube channel:

Welcome to the Lental region, whose islands hold everything from dense jungles to vast deserts! New Pokémon Snap is an all-new game inspired by the 1999 Nintendo 64 game Pokémon Snap. This Nintendo Switch adventure will take you from island to island on an ecological survey, photographing Pokémon and building your own Pokémon Photodex!

:arrow: SOURCE

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's the purpose of the picture
i seem to be making posts of this nature all too often

i mean, look at this
"nintendo is as bad as ea" because they released another pokemon snap game
the last one came out before gold and silver did for fuck's sake
Look at everything nintendo does, then come back and tell me they dont recrap the same crap.

Like ea and activision, tho ea and activision are more likely to bring out a new title.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best buy shipped mine early I've been playing it for 3 days already it's good really good a little tedious though the levels are short and you have to do the same ones over and over it seems like something that would annoy me but I'm having a great time some people are definitely going to hate it though.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, its not a sequel, its the same crap, who cares if its not had one since the cube.

Still remains, everything nintendo do is the same crap.

Up next, diddy kong racing.
The last one came out during the N64 era

And I mean the mechanics are mostly the same, but it's got all new areas and tons of new content

The lazy thing to do would have been to make Pokemon Snap HD or something - I am pretty happy with this route. And I really think after over two decades it's alright to revisit an idea

Reactions: Xzi

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at everything nintendo does, then come back and tell me they dont recrap the same crap.

Like ea and activision, tho ea and activision are more likely to bring out a new title.
First off Pokemon is a Game Freak IP, not nintendo. Second this game was developed by Bandai, do why are you getting mad at nintendo for a game they didn't even make, just published?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off Pokemon is a Game Freak IP, not nintendo. Second this game was developed by Bandai, do why are you getting mad at nintendo for a game they didn't even make, just published?
Game freak is like naughty dog to sony, bandai is who nintendo pushed the project to.

But pokemon is owend by nintendo exclusive, its their intellectual property.

Fuck me, fans are deluded, nintendo rehash the same crap.

Fuck me twice, the switch is a port whore of its first attempt to steal off the tablet market.

They need to learn, they need hardware to give current games, not limite to its sheep fanboys.

They always lack the other options of games and littered with this same old rehash aimed for kids.

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game freak is like naughty dog to sony, bandai is who nintendo pushed the project to.

But pokemon is owend by nintendo exclusive, its their intellectual property.

Fuck me, fans are deluded, nintendo rehash the same crap.

Fuck me twice, the switch is a port whore of its first attempt to steal off the tablet market.

They need to learn, they need hardware to give current games, not limite to its sheep fanboys.

They always lack the other options of games and littered with this same old rehash aimed for kids.
How exactly is New Pokemon Snap a rehash or recycled crap? You never did explain that in your other reply to other people's comments. It's only the second game in the series and the first one came over over two years ago. Plus the new one is completely different then the old one outside the basic gameplay. Do you seriously that game series should not exist? It seems like you do since you are acting like having two games in a series is way too much. If you believe New Pokémon Snap is just recycled crap, do you feel the same way towards Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, The Sims, Kingdom Hearts, or any other big game franchises?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly is New Pokemon Snap a rehash or recycled crap? You never did explain that in your other reply to other people's comments. It's only the second game in the series and the first one came over over two years ago. Plus the new one is completely different then the old one outside the basic gameplay. Do you seriously that game series should not exist? It seems like you do since you are acting like having two games in a series is way too much. If you believe New Pokémon Snap is just recycled crap, do you feel the same way towards Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, The Sims, Kingdom Hearts, or any other big game franchises?
How exactly is pokemon snap a rehash.

Really?

Popular franchise, lets rehash it again as its got a massive fan following.

Name something new....

This is nintendos problem, they do not cater to full gamer market, just care about its own rehashed shit.

Bad enough they port old games rather than make new.

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly is pokemon snap a rehash.

Really?

Popular franchise, lets rehash it again as its got a massive fan following.

Name something new....

This is nintendos problem, they do not cater to full gamer market, just care about its own rehashed shit.

Bad enough they port old games rather than make new.
Yes really. Also rehash it again? Are you implying that Pokemon Snap N64 is a rehash of another game? It's not. For New Pokemon Snap to be a rehash of a rehash, it would have to be at least third in a series, but this game is only number two. Also Nintendo does not make Pokemon games, yes they own some part of the IP, but Nintendo employees don't work on them, it is either Game Freak or some third party. Why do you keep on saying Nintendo? Just because someone own the rights or partial rights to something, or publishes something does not mean that they produced it. Another thing is that everyone ports old games to newer systems, which is not necessarily a bad thing, and why only get mad at Nintendo for it?

Crazystato

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think its just deadset laziness that a lot of titles these days don't get full voice acting. I bought my 5 year old a switch for Christmas along with animal crossing and all it had was just gibberish nonsense for voices and although she's coming along with her reading now it would of made it so much easier for her to understand it. It's the same with this game. Literally the first few sentences in this game have voice acting and then it just one word here and there. These games are meant to be family and kid friendly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE