New Nintendo Account System Announced

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by EmceeKerser, Oct 29, 2015.

1. EmceeKerser
    OP

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    So nintendo just announced a new account system for online, that branches to both smart devices and social media. Posting it here cos I'd be interested to hear what the homebrew devs have to say about its potential impacts

Personally I cant wait for our new DRM overlords

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/151029/05.html

fiveighteen likes this.
  2. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    Did we know about a new mario and luigi RPG game? Or is that a collection? It's earlier in the report.

3. EmceeKerser
    OP

Jun 3, 2014
    It was announced at e3 earlier this year, its a M&L/paper mario cross over

Hopefully its an actual good paper mario, unlike sticker star. Im still shocked that no one chose to do a rom hack to actually make that game good

osaka35 likes this.
  4. fiveighteen

fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    I thought there was a dedicated news thread somewhere, but I can't find it... Great find though.

My thoughts:
    Great idea. I'll be keeping my NNID though. I'm guessing you'll choose a display name for in games if you use one of the other methods?

I love this idea, though I'm betting it'll be like $5 per 200 hrs played lol. Still, it's improvement.

Hopefully it would allow you to sign into another system with your ID and download that save data to take elsewhere. Ideally it would allow USB backups too.

Miitomo seems weird and unappealing to me. Slides for that here.

Overall, a great direction for the platform. Looks like Nintendo is trying to get back up to par with the times. From a hacking standpoint, if they go to an all cloud-based system, we could be screwed. I don't see that happening though, or it would end up like the Xbox One fiasco before they realized consumers were going to boycott if the console had to be connected to the internet at all times.

5. ldeveraux

ldeveraux GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2007
    United States
    Posting it here cos I wanted to be first with something, no matter how inconsequential.

6. EmceeKerser
    OP

Jun 3, 2014
    Yeah I thought we had a news section for wii u, but we dont, so I posted here
    I'd like to think Nintendo are dumb enough to allow this to work with any future emunand stuff. It'd be nice to have an actual account system so you can share games and such

Well its a complete overhaul to the entire system, linking everything to everything, so I'd hardly call it inconsequential. But ok, stay bitter

Last edited by EmceeKerser, Oct 29, 2015