New Information about Splatoon 2's Octo Expansion

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by WiiUBricker, Mar 12, 2018.

1. WiiUBricker
    OP

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    splat2.png

Splatoon 2's first paid DLC has been announced this past Nintendo Direct and features a single player story mode. Since then, new bits of information emerged on the official japanese Twitter account that have been translated courtesy of Siliconera. To summarize:

The protagonist of the expansion is called "Agent 8" or "No. 100008" who suffers from amnesia after a certain incident. She doesn't know who she is or what she is doing in the underground, but is accompanied by Capt’n Cuttlefish who is helping her getting out. The underground laboratory is the place were the story takes place. Nothing much is known about it and it appears to be closed off from the outside world as though time itself has stopped. The protagonist also gets help from Pearl and Marina via radio communication. There will be new tracks of the duo available and a secret story of their organization might be revealed.

The expansion features over 80 mission. Players who find them too tough can request help from Pearl and Marina to skip through stages and get right to the story. By clearing the Octo Expansion, players will get the option to switch between an Octoling and Inkling, although they will share equipment and have the same abilities.

The Octo Expansion is planned for a Summer 2018 release and will cost $19.99.

:arrow: Source

2. epickid37

epickid37 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    mushroom kingdom
    I'm surprised about Pearl and marina. I would have thought it would have Callie and marie

Last edited by epickid37, Mar 12, 2018
  3. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Addict

Nov 11, 2013
    Callie and Marie were N#1

4. epickid37

epickid37 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    mushroom kingdom
    they were also in the single player campaign of splatoon 2

5. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I am

Excited

6. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    This is looking great! Is Splatoon 1 still online and active? Splatoon 2 is cool and all... but between waiting maybe I can complete the missions from 1 xD

7. epickid37

epickid37 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    mushroom kingdom
    it's still online as far as i know, but it might be hard to find players if your trying to go online

8. rileysrjay

rileysrjay GBAtemp's official vinsclone speedster!

Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    Central City
    We already had Callie and Marie in Splatoon 2's single player. Iirc the direct said the game would dive deeper into the lore of Splatoon 2 and develop more characters. So having pearl and marina, two fairly underdeveloped characters (especially when compared to Callie and Marie), be main characters in the expansion makes a lot of sense to me.

9. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend Luminary of Illustrious Colors

pip GBAtempTV Crew
    GBAtemp Patron
    HaloEliteLegend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    $20 is a fair price for this. I'm sold. Tbh just wanna be an Octoling lol

10. Robfozz

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    80 missions is pretty good, but if it sucks like 2's single player then idk if I actually want that.

11. Kazalber

Kazalber Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 25, 2017
    Guatemala
    Definitely getting this! :yay:

12. jaeman109

jaeman109 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 15, 2017
    United States
    Anyone else notice that the thing was announced on March 8th, 2018, where you play as Agent 8, in an 80's themed subway, with 80 levels to play? [As well as playing as an Octoling] I wouldn't be surprised if it released on an 8th, 18th, or a 28th of the month it releases. [I officially predict it comes out on August 8th, 2018. (8/8/18)]

TheVinAnator and Catsinabucket like this.
  13. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    Excited about this.

14. RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2013
    OT I know but I've just bought Splatoon 2 (waiting for it to be delivered) and am probably going to be playing it mostly in handheld mode. What is the best control method (using the gyro/not using gyro etc)? Appreciate any advice!

15. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    Since this thread already exists, I will bump it with some new News about the Octo Expantion.

KiiWii likes this.
  16. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Looking forward to it :)

17. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    Me too even if I don't really play Splatoon 2 anymore. But the character is super adorable!

TotalInsanity4 and KiiWii like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice