New and need help with Ysmenu

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Greensd, Jul 20, 2010.

Jul 20, 2010
  1. Greensd
    OP

Newcomer Greensd Newbie

United States
    I installed Ysmenu and it works great. I loaded it as an .nds and kept my R4 firmware. I used to be able to run Ysmenu and then pick any game but now when I run Ysmenu it automatically starts the same game every time preventing me from being able to run Ysmenu and use it for different games.

I'm using just the basic non clone R4. I thought about using Wood but don't know much about it. I started using Ysmenu so I could run certain games, can Wood accomplish the same thing?

Anyone know what's going on?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

2. GreatCrippler

Member GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

United States
    Wood is going to be your best bet. Easily installed, frequent updates, and runs almost everything right now. YSmenu is good, and Pong does a good job of keeping it up and running, but it is much less intuitive than Wood.

3. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    WoodR4 currently has one of the best compatibility and is a great addition for the original R4 and you could say its an alternative firmware like YSMenu.

For what is happening to your ysmenu, just go to the ysmenu.ini and look for something similar to autoboot and delete the value there.

4. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Wood R4 is much, much more effective than YSMenu, everyone here will tell you that.