Hardware New 3DS XL Hinge

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just noticed while using my new 3DS XL, I could see a bit of metal from the hinge on the right side next to the notification LED. So I then pushed the top of the 3DS to the left and it moved. There's a very slight gap in the hinge area. This doesn't affect anything just there's a bit of movement with a slight bit of force.

I'm curious if anyone elses is like this?

Alessandro98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I experience the same thing on my white standard 3ds, it's quite annoying, but I got used to it, since it doesn't affect the functionalities of the console :)

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
its just new 3DS OCD.

i get it overtime i buy a new 3DS XL. really worried about how i will find my new 3DS XL as I'm usually quite OCD for the first few weeks.

D

Deleted-355425

its just new 3DS OCD.

i get it overtime i buy a new 3DS XL. really worried about how i will find my new 3DS XL as I'm usually quite OCD for the first few weeks.
thats also known as the honeymoon period. :D

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
its just new 3DS OCD.

It's got nothing to do with OCD, it's a defect in the build and shouldn't happen. If you noticed a whole bunch of marks, would you just say "it's just new system OCD"?

Quite normal to look over products you buy before use.

My XL doesn't have this issue, but another one. my New 3DS XL has the problem it's a little annoying.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
It's got nothing to do with OCD, it's a defect in the build and shouldn't happen. If you noticed a whole bunch of marks, would you just say "it's just new system OCD"?

Quite normal to look over products you buy before use.

My XL doesn't have this issue, but another one. my New 3DS XL has the problem it's a little annoying.

I understand your frustration. I went through this with my 3DS XL, ended up switching it out 3 times and each one had a defect I didn't like. I think its really kind of a lottery.

Deal breakers for me is anything which means the 3DS XL can't shut, anything which affects the screen (Dead pixels) and problems with the circle pad or buttons. If your 3DS XL doesn't have those problems, I'd personally be happy with it.

I didn't mean OCD in a bad way btw.. I think its fairly normal to be a bit OCD about new purchases. I have it myself. I wish I could be like other people who get a new toy and just start enjoying it.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's just a design flaw which I'm glad I'm not alone. It really isn't OCD, it's quite noticeable with a short time using it.

mech if you don't understand the fault, then you can't say "it's OCD", when you experience it, it's a little noticeable and it's something you can't not think about. I'm worried over time something will get lodged in there at some point.
It's not noticeable through photos or not handling the device. You have to have in your palms to know. Since a few other owners say it's happening to them, it's just a design flaw.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's just a design flaw which I'm glad I'm not alone. It really isn't OCD, it's quite noticeable with a short time using it.

mech if you don't understand the fault, then you can't say "it's OCD", when you experience it, it's a little noticeable and it's something you can't not think about. I'm worried over time something will get lodged in there at some point.
It's not noticeable through photos or not handling the device. You have to have in your palms to know. Since a few other owners say it's happening to them, it's just a design flaw.
What could get lodged in there? (Apart from dust)
My old 3DS has it too and it really didn't do any harm to the console. It's the price you pay for getting the first batches.

D

Deleted-355425

i still dont understand what manufacturer error you mean, can someone take a photo?

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i still dont understand what manufacturer error you mean, can someone take a photo?
It's as the OP said. Just a slightly bigger gap in the hinge area. If you align it right you can see light reflecting on the metalic hinge piece inside. It's also a bit loose.

On my old 3DS it's on the left side.

96c9dc69ab.jpg

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This doesn't affect anything just there's a bit of movement with a slight bit of force.

I'm curious if anyone elses is like this?

If you look at my post (the one about the weird behaviour of the screen) it does, at least in my case, affect the screen. When in 2d mode, the screen cannot produce a stable image when in use for more that 30 minutes. if i slide the upper screen lect and right, the image stabilizes itself, though it doesn't stay that way for too long. But it definitely affects the screen.

Could you do me a favour and close the lid of your new 3ds xl and see if the image becomes corrupted when closing the lid? I think it has something to do with that to some extend.

D

Deleted-355425

It will need a slight tolerance to move or when it gets warm or hot it will expand and rub/creak and result In damage, happened to me with a laptop.

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could I ask for a little favor? I tried something and have yet to verify if that worked. In order for me to know, I would have to know how "good" units perform it this test.

If you close your lid while the screen is still on, does the image stay that way until it goes to black or do you also notice some corrupted frames during the process of closing it?

Because I tried something and it seems to be fine now, unless I close the lid, then at several points the screen shows that weird behavior again. Now if that's normal, maybe my unit isn't broken after all. But if the image on the upper screen is supposed to stay perfect all the way down, then it's not.

Would be really nice of you guys!

Meanwhile I have taken a more detailed picture with my camera for you all to see what is discussed:
14c61bb.jpg

Reactions: piratesephiroth
D

Deleted-355425

Could I ask for a little favor? I tried something and have yet to verify if that worked. In order for me to know, I would have to know how "good" units perform it this test.

If you close your lid while the screen is still on, does the image stay that way until it goes to black or do you also notice some corrupted frames during the process of closing it?

Because I tried something and it seems to be fine now, unless I close the lid, then at several points the screen shows that weird behavior again. Now if that's normal, maybe my unit isn't broken after all. But if the image on the upper screen is supposed to stay perfect all the way down, then it's not.

Would be really nice of you guys!

Meanwhile I have taken a more detailed picture with my camera for you all to see what is discussed:

just tested mine, and it doesn't mess any frames or skip or look any different then it should.

Reactions: Fil o_O

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.psx-place.com/threads/n64-emulator-ps3-poc-wii64-port-by-emukidid-surfaces-9-years-af...