New 3DS XL Demo Unit

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by RedPrince, Nov 25, 2016.

1. RedPrince
    OP

RedPrince Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2016
    Canada
    Recently acquired a New 3DS XL which turned out to be a demo/display/kiosk unit. Everything works on it, already installed arm9loaderhax.

My only issues with the unit are: The home button AND mainly that it doesn't run on battery power (requires constant AC connection to function even with a new battery)

The home button doesn't work even with a replacement connector from another 3DS XL (minor annoyance really). But mainly I would love to get this unit running under it's own battery power to make it portable again.

In comparing a regular 3DS XL motherboard to my demo unit I've noticed (perhaps I am hung up on the idea of a simple fix) that there a completely different component near the AC connector. Actually it looks like a small black box with no identifying features that I can see on my unit versus an obvious inductor type component on a regular unit. On the iFixit teardown you can see the inductor is labelled 03 right near the AC connector (https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/IKlW6WTZKKmapYkt.huge).

Anyways, I am wondering/hoping that I could swap these components and someone enable the battery on my unit. Am I out to lunch or possibly on to something?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice