New 3DS permanently scrolling

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by antofi, Nov 12, 2016.

1. antofi
    OP

antofi Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hey guys,
    So after some time my New 3DS sort of started with a bug that is known for the old 3DS. It is permanently scrolling to the top. So I read through the threads about this subject, disassembled my New 3DS and replaced the electronic part of the dpad with a new one, but that didn't solve the problem sadly, it is still scrolling. Did anyone else have this problem aswell or has any idea how to resolve this issue? I would be very thankfull for any idea what possibly could be wrong.

2. milerwan

milerwan Seasoned technician

Dec 21, 2013
    France
    Hi,

Has the console taken water?

3. antofi
    OP

antofi Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Nothing happened to it, no water, no fall on the ground. That's why I am clueless :cry:.

4. Virdoo

Virdoo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2016
    Croatia
    Try to clean dpad, c stick and analog.

5. milerwan

Dec 21, 2013
    France
    Do you have a picture of the part you have exchanged ?

6. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    On the old 3DS, it also had the scrolling problem. Replacing the motherboard and the control stick does nothing. It's the touchscreen that's causing the problem and needed a replacement.

antofi likes this.
  7. milerwan

Dec 21, 2013
    France
    To test that, @antofi you have just to disconnect the flex cable of the touch screen and see if issue disapeared.

antofi and Virdoo like this.
  8. antofi
    OP

antofi Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2015
    Gambia, The
    So I replaced the whole dpad part as you can see in the picture. Which flex cable is the touchscreen connector on the other picture I made. Is it on this side or on the backside of the board?

Attached Files:

Last edited by antofi, Nov 12, 2016
  9. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Drew a little red circle.

http://i.imgur.com/pPP4kX0.jpg

Just disconnect that see through cable from the motherboard and see if it stops auto scrolling. Obviously you won't be able to use the touchscreen but if the scrolling stops but the buttons work then we've narrowed it down to the touchscreen being faulty.

antofi likes this.
  10. antofi
    OP

antofi Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I disconnected it, but nothing changed sadly but the touchscreen to stop working obviously. Btw when I opened it up I saw that there was a big blue B on the cardslot (as seen in the picture) and some pencil drawing inside the casing. Could this be a refurbished device? Because I bought it for the full price back in the day labeled as new.

Edit: Don't know why, but right now it stopped scrolling after I disassembled and reassmbled it for like the 50th time. Also I think it might be a connector around the circle pad area.

Edit 2: Didn't last long... :(

Last edited by antofi, Nov 12, 2016