new 3ds game encryption type?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by HarEllis6202, Feb 21, 2015.

1. HarEllis6202
    OP

HarEllis6202 GBATemp OldFag

Feb 19, 2015
    United States
    Michigan
    I understand that no new 3ds games have been released yet so gateway or homebrewers haven't looked at the data but I feel compelled to point out some observation to quell our curiosity and maybe get the future ball rolling. The new 3ds seems to be a 3ds with the circle pad pro and faster processing power as well as the amiibo accessory built in as well as other things we don't need to discuss, the most important thing here is it still has ds game support which means the major hardware hasn't changed so i was wondering does anyone believe gateway could update to support n3ds games not hardware or do you see a new card in the future?

2. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    n3DS added an additional encryption by encrypting the Arm9 binary. As far as I can tell Gateway won't need to make a new card for the n3DS. :P

3. HarEllis6202
    OP

HarEllis6202 GBATemp OldFag

Feb 19, 2015
    United States
    Michigan
    That's was what I was assuming it just seems to be a higher clocked device with a new label. Thanks for the info.