Network softmodd problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by JztheBomb, Jun 17, 2009.

Jun 17, 2009

Network softmodd problem by JztheBomb at 1:50 PM (567 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. JztheBomb
    OP

Newcomer JztheBomb Member

United States
    Yesterday, I helped my friend softmod his wii. I have done this on my own wii already and don't have any problems. When I did it on his, we finished the whole thing but there was no backup channel. So, we deleted everything and started over. When we got to the part where we do network install instead of wad install, The screen told us to restart. When we restarted, the screen was black and there are scrambled letters. The only words we could make out were troubleshooting manual. I checked the troubleshooting manual but nothing helped. Help me. I'm scared I bricked his wii.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. wiiNinja

Member wiiNinja GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you didn't find the backup channel, why didn't you just install the backup channel? You screwed up royally when you "deleted everything and started over". Do you have BootMii or Preloader installed in this brick?

The fact that you didn't know to just install the missing piece tells me that you need to read much more before attempting to help others.

3. JztheBomb
    OP

Newcomer JztheBomb Member

United States
    I got preloader installed but set it to no autoboot.So when you start up it doesn't show it.

4. hartleyshc

Member hartleyshc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    preloader boots when you hold down the reset button when you turn on the power...

5. Tux'

Member Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Rule número UNO: No updating!!!
    Rule número dos: NEVER EVER EVR DELETE ANYTHING -ESPECIALLY IOS'S- Because that's what the wii runs off of. If you delete ios 60 which is I assume patched, you can fully brick your wii.

Hold reset while you power up your wii to access preloader, install bootmii as boot2 and create a NAND backup.

6. oxMUDxo

Member oxMUDxo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you installed Pre-Loader than you might be able to fix that Wii....?

"Hold" reseat right after hitting the power button if Pre-loader boots you might be able to fix that Wii..