Netflix stops at 98% despite having Silverlight

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by the_randomizer, Jun 29, 2012.

1. the_randomizer
    OP

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    No matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Silverlight, Netflix always stops loading the video at 98%, and it's pissing me off.

Current Chrome version 19.0.1084.56 m
    Current Silverlight Version: 5.1.10411.0

Doesn't work on Firefox either, but it does on my CR48, but since Chrome OS uses HTML5 for Netflix, it's no surprise. I even used the diagnostic tools provided here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2608523#fixitforme but to no avail It's been like this for longer than I want and I don't want to keep paying Netflix for a service I can't use.

2. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    This might be obvious, but have you tried restarting your computer?

3. Zetta_x

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States
    I have the same setup and have no problem; you can try clearing your cache or using a different browser to see if anything changes,

4. the_randomizer
    OP

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Yep, shut it down after installing it last night and turned it on, but for some reason, a Netflix agent pointed out that I should right click on the red load screen and go to the settings. Once I did that, something happened and Netflix started working. I may had to do with authentication or allowing it a whitelist, but I'm not entirely sure. Man is my face red.