Netflix on Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Conciliator, Nov 17, 2011.

Nov 17, 2011

Netflix on Wii by Conciliator at 5:41 AM (423 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Conciliator
    OP

Newcomer Conciliator Newbie

Canada
    Hi,

Okay, so I have a wii that's softmodded running on 4.3U. Everything's fine and dandy.
    But, I want to add netflix to my wii so I can watch my movies on the tv. But when I go to the wii shop channel (first time I've ever gone into there LOL) it says I need to do a system update and such. And something tells me that's probably not the smartest thing to do =p. Erm..I don't really know the extent that I have modded my wii to, I just softmodded it to the point I could use the usb cfg to play my backups. Oh, and there was a hardmod chip in the wii when I bought it, however I think it has become obsolete. I've never used it so I actually have no idea what the chip does, I just know it's there.

So, basically....is there a way for me to get netflix without overriding my softmod, therein losing my ability to play my backups off my usb?

Thanks in advance

2. pokefloote

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Find a .wad file of the updated shop channel, install using wad manager or another similar app, and you *should* be good to go as long as your ios's are updated.

Modmii has the ability to pull the .wad files straight from Nintendo's servers, so it's legal ( I guess ) and easy to do. You could even just get the Netflix .wad and install that without using the Shopping channel if you wanted.

3. crazycaveman

Newcomer crazycaveman Member

United States