Netflix issues

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by BenRK, Feb 12, 2012.

Feb 12, 2012

Netflix issues by BenRK at 7:28 AM (1,399 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. BenRK
    OP

Member BenRK GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm having issues with the netflix app on my 3DS. Back in the day it used to work fairly well other then being slower then other methods, but it was very convenient. My iPod Touch doesn't have a stand I can set it on, my tablet is a pain to hold, my PS3 can't be easily moved into my bedroom, etc etc etc. I didn't use it for netflix ALL the time of course (if I'm out in my livingroom, I'm going to use my PS3 or PC for example), but I still used it a lot.

As of late, however, I've been unable to use it. It starts up and I can get to the menu, but as soon as I select anything, it gets stuck in a loading screen. I can't get back to the home screen, forcing me to do a hard reset of my 3DS (I prefer leaving it in sleep mode as it's so slow starting up, and I actually do get street pass hits around town! From the same 3 people though, but hey!). I can't think of anything that's causing this. I recently swapped out the 2GB memory card for an 8GB one, but the netflix issue was still there before the swap. Tried uninstalling completely and reinstalling, but no luck. What the heck is going on?

2. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    Let's ask Google!
    Google told me this:
    "Simply, Turn off your 3DS before you use Netflix Channel or you will be stuck in the infinite loading screen being reported by some users. "

3. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    You might try to re-download the app for an update. When I view the file on the eshop's 'Your Downloads' it shows an update is available.

Menu(drop down menu)-->Settings/Other-->Your Downloads

4. pokefloote

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I installed Netflix on my cousins 3DS earlier, and it did that. The progress bar was showing but it was blank and he had to force the system off.

It worked after he restarted it though...

5. BenRK
    OP

United States
    The problem is, I've done all of that. I've tried using Netflix after a restart and had the same issues. I've done full updates. Etc etc etc.

6. X_XSlashX_X

Member X_XSlashX_X GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Are you sure Netflix works on your other devices? Could be a problem with your internet connection.

7. BenRK
    OP

United States
    I'm 100% sure it works on my other devices. I watched several TV episodes via netflix on everything but my 3DS (as it's currently unable to of course) last night perfectly.

8. chartube12

Member chartube12 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Go to the my downloads in the eshop. Their is an update for the netflix app and some others.

9. BenRK
    OP

United States
    I updated to the latest version a long time ago. The problem has been persistent. And yes, I did double check, there is no update for Netflix that I haven't already got.

10. steve1974

Newcomer steve1974 Advanced Member

Canada
    i get the occasional freeze on netflix and i have the update. Id recomend just shutting the 3ds off and turn it back on like the above poster stated.

11. BenRK
    OP

United States
    Again, I've done that tons of times.