NES Zapper Wii mod with pics

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Inferior_Design, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Inferior_Design
    OP

Inferior_Design GBAtemp Regular

Feb 22, 2009
    United States
    probably at work
    [​IMG]

Hey guys, if you happen to have a spare NES Zapper lying around like I did, go ahead and give this mod a try.
    Had I known that it would actually work, I would have taken pics during the process.

[​IMG]

It's fairly simple, you just take out the components and cut a lot of plastic. I'd say the most difficult part is getting the trigger to work. I replaced a large portion of the trigger with LEGOs. Now as you pull the trigger the LEGO construction moves back with it and brushes against the B button on the Wii remote. I kept the original spring so it moves back to its resting position after being pulled. It works beautifully.

[​IMG]

Still looking for a better way to keep the remote secured to the shell, but since I don't wear the wrist strap, I figured it was a decent harness, and so far, it is.

[​IMG]

2. mcjones92

mcjones92 Kingpin

Jul 7, 2008
    United States
    In the ghetto
    Cool idea! [​IMG]

I already have the zapper though.

3. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Awesome but still ugly looking, lol!

4. tpformbh

tpformbh GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2008
  5. callmebob

callmebob The Grandpa of Awe!

Jan 24, 2007
    Germany
    Bitburger Brewery (a lot)
    NES Lightgun = Win

Wii Zapper = Major Phail

@ tpformbh, [​IMG]

@ Inferior_Design, I like! The wrist strap thing is o.k. for a (pardon the pun) temp fix, but I´m sure you´ll iron that out.

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice