Hacking Need your help updating!

siliconmessiah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.
I am hereby sending a shout out and a call for help, hoping that someone can help me with what I am about to do.

My equipment:
A newly bought black WII, latest model - softmodded by a person that recently moved and I have lost contact with, therefore I need your help. I would be grateful! =)
Softmodded with: HBC 1.7.0, priiloader 0.4 - everything working fine and my backups play fine on a USB-HDD.

Here is my question, and I hope that someone can help me, doing a little tutorial or explanation how to do this, and in what order to do it.
I want to update my HBC to 1.8.0. I get the question to do it by the "update manager", but I don´t dare to do it, as I am afraid to screw my wii up.
What option should I choose when I get into the update window? Should I also update bootmii or hackmii? In that case, please explain how to do this.

I also want to update my priiloader 0.4 to the latest version.
How should I do this? After or before I update my HBC?
Will the existing options in priiloader still be marked? So I don´t get any accidental updates. Or do I have to do this manually, in that case how?

My Wii starts in the wii-menu, with no problems using it. That´s how I want it to be in the future, but with updated HBC and Priiloader. Can someone help me out?

Happy new year & cheers!

(I would also like to add that I really don´t know what bootmii and hackmii is, other that than I have it on my machine too, and I also like this to be up to date too.)

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just choose to update when hbc asks you to, you'll be taken to a scam warning screen, you'll have to wait there a while, then it will let you continue. You will then be able to update the homebrew channel and bootmii. That just leaves priiloader.

After your done updating the homebrew channel, get the latest priiloader package from here: http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/downloads/list and install that on your wii. after that you will need to redo your priiloader hacks.
Get the hacks_hash.ini (right-click -> "Save link as...") and save it to the root of your sd card.
Now put the sd card in the wii and turn it on while holding reset. the priiloader screen should come up, go to the system menu hacks and then enable the ones you want.

thats it! You're done!
It would be a good idea to update your cios's aswell (you can use ModMii for this if you want)

siliconmessiah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for your answer! I am thankful, and hope to do this modding as soon as possible, I will return with details.
Or maybe more questions as I continue doing this...I have a lot of questions, and I hope that they also can be answered.

I still have a couple of questions though, as I really am a novice @ wii-modding.

I am a little unsure when you say "install" priiloader on my wii. What should I do with the zip-file? Unzip it and put it on my SD-card via my PC? Or how? Can´t I update priiloader via the priiloader in the WII? What will happen to the old priiloader?

About the hacks on priiloader? Wich ones are most important to have enabled/disabled?

And lastly, about updating my Ios´s. This seems to be the hardest part. What happens if I decide to skip this step?
I have a lot of IOS`s on my SD-card and can run a lot of USB-loaders, but maybe that doesn´t matter?

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
siliconmessiah said:
Thank you very much for your answer! I am thankful, and hope to do this modding as soon as possible, I will return with details.
Or maybe more questions as I continue doing this...I have a lot of questions, and I hope that they also can be answered.

I still have a couple of questions though, as I really am a novice @ wii-modding.

I am a little unsure when you say "install" priiloader on my wii. What should I do with the zip-file? Unzip it and put it on my SD-card via my PC? Or how? Can´t I update priiloader via the priiloader in the WII? What will happen to the old priiloader?

About the hacks on priiloader? Wich ones are most important to have enabled/disabled?

And lastly, about updating my Ios´s. This seems to be the hardest part. What happens if I decide to skip this step?
I have a lot of IOS`s on my SD-card and can run a lot of USB-loaders, but maybe that doesn´t matter?
Unzip priiloader folder in apps folder in SD card and load it trough HBC
Enable Block updates hacks at leas
Use ModMii and say to update active IOS ion ModMii wizard

siliconmessiah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you.
Fantastic to get answers this fast. I think I now will be able to update my wii first thing after I get home after celebrating new year =).

Just two final questions:

ModMii - Should I install it to my SD-card, run it through HBC and run the wizard/ios update?

After updating HBC and BootMii via the update wizard. Will I have to alter any settings, do or will it just run like always done?

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
siliconmessiah said:
Thank you.
Fantastic to get answers this fast. I think I now will be able to update my wii first thing after I get home after celebrating new year =).

ModMii - Should I install it to my SD-card, run it through HBC and run the wizard/ios update?

After updating HBC and BootMii via the update wizard. Will I have to alter any settings, do or will it just run like always done?
ModMIi is for PC and the wii will run as always

siliconmessiah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porobu said:
siliconmessiah said:
Thank you.

ModMIi is for PC and the wii will run as always

Thanks, both of you. I will try this tomorrow, and report back later on in this thread how it went. Let´s hope it will go without problems.
I assume that I update the active IOS´s with ModMii with my SD-card inserted in my PC then?

Again, happy new!

eliter1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a similar question. I have a 4.1U softmodded Wii and I want to update it. I have some newer games like Galaxy 2 that need the update and I can't play them. I haven't used the Wii in over a year so I am not 100% sure what I did to it last time I used it. I have tried updating the HBC to the latest version and it fails. I also tried using the firmware updater and after it was done the Wii still had 4.1U. I wouldn't mind removing the softmod all together if possible. I have read some websites that say that updating through Nintendo will remove all of the hacks but I don't want to end up with a brick. Any ideas?

siliconmessiah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I´m going to update my console here today.
Just a quick question about Priiloader that I´m going to update from 0.4.
Is it just to install the new Priiloader-version files over the old on the SD-card, and then re-insert it to the WII? Or do I have to do an uninstall?

(sorry for not answering your question eliter, but I have no clue, you might better be off starting a thread on your own, hope that it solves for you.)

siliconmessiah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IN NEED OF URGENT HELP, UPDATING THE WII AS WE SPEAK!

I am attempting to do what person66 told me to do:
"It would be a good idea to update your cios's aswell (you can use ModMii for this if you want)"

But the interface in ModMii is too advanced for me. I cannot find the option to update my cios´s as told. Can somebody explain exactly how to do this?
Right now I remain with ModMii interface started and my SD-card in my PC. But how to do?

I also think that I might have screwed up updating my HBC, as when I enter HackMii, it says "No vulnerable IOS found".

Somebody, please heeelp me as soon as possible...=(

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
siliconmessiah said:

"It would be a good idea to update your cios's aswell (you can use ModMii for this if you want)"

But the interface in ModMii is too advanced for me. I cannot find the option to update my cios´s as told. Can somebody explain exactly how to do this? Use ModMii wizard (first option)
Right now I remain with ModMii interface started and my SD-card in my PC. But how to do?

I also think that I might have screwed up updating my HBC, as when I enter HackMii, it says "No vulnerable IOS found". Use HackMii solution to fix it

siliconmessiah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porobu said:
siliconmessiah said:

But the interface in ModMii is too advanced for me. I cannot find the option to update my cios´s as told. Can somebody explain exactly how to do this? Use ModMii wizard (first option)

I also think that I might have screwed up updating my HBC, as when I enter HackMii, it says "No vulnerable IOS found". Use HackMii solution to fix it

Thanks for your help Porobu.
Two more questions.

Does it matter if I use ModMii update before or after the HackMii solution?

What happens to my wii if I don´t choose to use the HackMii solution at all?

(I still have the homebrew channel, and my machine still plays my backups. Maybe everything is ok and it should be like this?)

siliconmessiah

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thx zizer...I´ll do that. What I simply want is for my Wii to play my backuped games from my HDD and emulators. Just like it does today, but with updated cios´s.
Can you explain exactly how I do to install the last ios249rev21? On my SD right now I have something called cIOS249[38]-v17.wad

Trollology

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
eliter1 said:
I have a similar question. I have a 4.1U softmodded Wii and I want to update it. I have some newer games like Galaxy 2 that need the update and I can't play them. I haven't used the Wii in over a year so I am not 100% sure what I did to it last time I used it. I have tried updating the HBC to the latest version and it fails. I also tried using the firmware updater and after it was done the Wii still had 4.1U. I wouldn't mind removing the softmod all together if possible. I have read some websites that say that updating through Nintendo will remove all of the hacks but I don't want to end up with a brick. Any ideas?

You look like you're lost. Let go of the Wiimote before you brick that poor Wii
tongue.gif

What you need to do is install Priiloader (there are TONS of guides on how to do that
wink.gif
)
And then on the menu you will see an option where they will let you choose modifications the way you like it.
There's one called "Block Disc Updates" so just select and check that, and that's it you're done
laugh.gif

Reason for edit: Fixed spelling

eliter1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trollology said:
eliter1 said:

You look like you're lost. Let go of the Wiimote before you brick that poor Wii
tongue.gif

What you need to do is install Priiloader (there are TONS of guides on how to do that
wink.gif
)
And then on the menu you will see an option where they will let you choose modifications the way you like it.
There's one called "Block Disc Updates" so just select and check that, and that's it you're done
laugh.gif

Reason for edit: Fixed spelling

Will try the Priiloader. I have been away from the modding scene for a long time and I need to catch up.
Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol