Hacking Homebrew game Need some help understanding how to patch games

thegreatestwave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I am brand new to PS4 jailbreaking and need some help.
The only thing I want to do is mod my Bloodborne game with the Randomizer found on nexusmods.

I was able to jailbreak my PS4 but now I'm at a loss because the tutorial for the randomizer assumes I have a lot of knowledge which I do not, namely:
How to rip my copy of bloodborne into a .pkg which I can then modify.

I guess I'm confused too because I'm unsure if .pkg files are basically "roms" for the PS4.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I am brand new to PS4 jailbreaking and need some help.
The only thing I want to do is mod my Bloodborne game with the Randomizer found on nexusmods.

I was able to jailbreak my PS4 but now I'm at a loss because the tutorial for the randomizer assumes I have a lot of knowledge which I do not, namely:
How to rip my copy of bloodborne into a .pkg which I can then modify.

I guess I'm confused too because I'm unsure if .pkg files are basically "roms" for the PS4.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

if it's an fpkg, the easiest way is with ps4 pkg viewer. I don't think it even asks for the passcode, but if it does, it's 32 0's. I don't know about that patch, but you may have to unfself a file or two. you don't have to reencrypt them. just use gengp4 to create a gp4 of the game, which is like a cue file with all files listed in it. then, rebuild the pkg with fake pkg generator (orbis). be warned, bloodborne has a ton of files, so it may take an hour to decrypt the pkg, then another hour to build the pkg.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...