Gaming need some help on oblivion (TES)

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi everyone, i'm doing the quest 'taking care of lex' and I came up to a problem, in the smithy room whenever i try to press the Movable Pillar nothing happens. i watched a video and it worked fine. i only have the capes and cloaks mod and a few performance enhancing mods, so that shouldnt affect it.

any ideas?

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Taking_Care_of_Lex

Check the bugs section. Might not help but it's a start.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you don't find in those bugs, I've had a similar problem I think. I fixed it with console commands, something like setqueststage 3 or so. It's incredibly easy, you can find the console commands on UESP too.

If you need more help, quote me and I'll help you further out.

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't find in those bugs, I've had a similar problem I think. I fixed it with console commands, something like setqueststage 3 or so. It's incredibly easy, you can find the console commands on UESP too.

I stopped playing oblivion, but i started playing the other day again. but I searched everywhere online and i cant find a code or the issue i have
Here is the exact problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dEC4isKcuk

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

I stopped playing oblivion, but i started playing the other day again. but I searched everywhere online and i cant find a code or the issue i have
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5dEC4isKcuk
Okay, done a bit of research and this is what I would try now:
Open console and put this in, press return after that.

setstage TG07Lex 15

That should pop up the next stage of this quest.

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5dEC4isKcuk
Okay, done a bit of research and this is what I would try now:
Open console and put this in, press return after that.

setstage TG07Lex 15

That should pop up the next stage of this quest.
That code worked, and i was told to go to the stranger, but when I talk to him he just says the normal things that he would say before I started the quest, nothing about the quests letter forgery.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay try this one then:

setstage TG07Lex 90

That basically finishes the quest. I'm pretty sure you can just start another thievesguild quest then. And if you per se want to experience the quest, check this video out.

[yt]qwDZZjrbtvk[/yt]

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay try this one then:

setstage TG07Lex 90

That basically finishes the quest. I'm pretty sure you can just start another thievesguild quest then. And if you per se want to experience the quest, check this video out.

[yt]qwDZZjrbtvk[/yt]

Okay try this one then:

setstage TG07Lex 90

[yt]qwDZZjrbtvk[/yt]
Thanks. any idea why that was happening in the first place?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
probably script to open the door didn't work, you could always have noclipped through it though probably (TCL in the console for toggle clipping I think to turn it on and off)

movetoqt is also useful when it bugs out because it'll put you directly where the quest marker is.

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably script to open the door didn't work, you could always have noclipped through it though probably (TCL in the console for toggle clipping I think to turn it on and off)

movetoqt is also useful when it bugs out because it'll put you directly where the quest marker is.
Oh thanks, i'll remember this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I went to a garage sell last saturday, and the lady had a PS2 for sale, but she had a sign on it...