need help

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by EG09, Mar 3, 2009.

1. EG09
    OP

EG09 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2009
    Mayo
    ok i have a a phat psp with official firmware 3.95

I want to downgrade it and install custom firmware so that i can play roms or isos on it

any1 got a guide to downgrading it without using a pandoras battery

Thanks in advance

2. Sstew

Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

Jul 15, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    If im not mistaken you NEED a Pandora's Battery (which arent that hard to make) or you need a friend who has a Custom FirmWare PSP already.

and there ISO's not ROMS

3. m3rox

m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 13, 2006
    United States
    WA
    You have to use a pandora batter + magic memory stick, there's no getting around it for you since your firmware is too high for any of the old downgraders (pandora + magic memory stick is the best route anyway).

edit: Sstew, with custom firmware, you can have emulators that play ROMS. Also, he did say ISO's, you just didn't see it for some strange reason.

4. EG09
    OP

EG09 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2009
    Mayo
    I did a search on google and theres people saying you dont need a pandoras battery but theres no guide given to downgrading without 1

5. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    That should tell you something about the people claiming that you don't need a Pandora....you NEED a Pandora battery for your particular firmware.

6. themuddaload

themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

May 4, 2008
    United States
    West of the equator Sex: sure
    just buy a pandora battery.
    you can get them for like $8 on dealextreme, and they are easy after you get your MMS working. then, when you have yours done, you can sell hax to your friends =)