need help with USB loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by som3r3tard, Feb 14, 2010.

Feb 14, 2010

need help with USB loader by som3r3tard at 1:58 AM (888 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. som3r3tard
    OP

Newcomer som3r3tard Newbie

United States
    ive got this small issue im having. my wii stopped reading disks. so i figured i would use the USB loader. I can get usb loader gx to show isos on my hdd but when i go to start the game it black screens. so i downloaded NUS auto downloader and installed 4.2 u on my wii with all the wads that it copied to my sd card. i also installed cIOS rev 17. i used dop iso mod to install the latest versions before i ran the nus loader to see if that would help. still get the same thing. im at a loss here. as i have searched for my problem and have tried what was suggested in those threads but the info isnt helping me here. so if someone could please help me in the right direction it would be great

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Do other USB Loaders work?

3. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The problem could be USB Loader GX, which is known to be a bit quirky at times. Did you try another loader like NeoGamma (if your HDD is WBFS-formatted) or Configurable USB Loader?

4. som3r3tard
    OP

United States
    tried with neo gamma8 rc1 but no go there either. not sure if i was doing it correct there as no files ever showed and yes hdd is formatted to wbfs

5. som3r3tard
    OP

United States
    tried the configurable usb loader and it locks up when trying to load a game. no matter what game i try. the games discription comes up fine and so does the options for the game. but does not go and farther than saying loading game

6. Kyururu

Newcomer Kyururu Member

Singapore
    Iso that work with discs might not work with usb loaders. I used to patch PAL games to NTSC with wiifrii and they work on discs but after transferring them to ext hdd they don't work anymore (black screen after pressing start). I had to unpatch them back to PAL in order for them to work.

7. som3r3tard
    OP

United States
    Isos are not patched as far as i can tell. think im going to try a differant hdd and see if i can get some better results. also would it happen to do with any IOS files? or maybe the thrucha bug?