Need help with some things Neek2o/Uneek +Di

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wailer247, Aug 8, 2015.

1. wailer247
    OP

wailer247 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2015
    United States
    Hey everyone. I've got neek2o set up and running properly. Everything runs off of my external HDD. I've basically got two issues with it.

1. I've had a couple of instances where a game, whether it's a neek nand title or a Wii game, will tell me that the Wii system memory is full and it can't save. It will tell me I need to return to the data management screen and delete something. This isn't the case with all the games, but the Wii system memory can't be full since it's emulated on my external HDD and has tons of space left.

2. I'm using postloader. How do I get save states working? I'm not sure if it supports save states, but I'd really like to get them working. Basically, if I start a WiiWare or VC title it starts it like it's a fresh start, and doesn't seem like it's got any save state capability.

2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    1) Sometime, having too much space is the issue.
    If you can, create a save on your real NAND first, then copy the extracted save file to your emuNAND path.

or use a temporary Neek2o NAND on a small SD card and move the save folder to HDD once the save is created.

2) Save state is only for Virtual console, not wiiware.
    And I thought it was the default behavior of the Virtual console "exit to system menu" command. it save and exits.
    next time you launch it, it reloads where you stopped playing.

if it doesn't see the save, it probably failed to save it.

I don't know postloader, but maybe you should try with another loader (sneek or nswitch or usbloadergx)

wailer247 likes this.
  3. wailer247
    OP

wailer247 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2015
    United States
    Hmmm. Maybe that's the issue. I've been loading all VC/wiiware through postloader instead of loading it through the system menu. I didn't think sneek or nswitch was considered to be a loader. I'm rerunning everything from within neek2o. Basically, I autoboot my console into the neek2o environment. Then I autoboot directly into postloader. I could add usbloadergx into neek2o I guess. Other than that, I'm not really sure how to create a save on the real NAND if I'm loading into the neek2o environment since and all my VC/WiiWare is located on the external HDD.

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I suggested to stop using neek2o at all (install the channels on your Wii system menu directly) then launch the channel, create the savegame for it, exit the game.
    now extract the savegame which is located on your Wii, and copy the files on your EmuNAND path.
    Now run the game located on your EmuNAND with your favorite neek2o booting method and it will work.

The only issue is creating the save, but once it's created/copied it should work.

Do not install and run another loader after launching neek.
    I suggested using a different loader to boot into neek (Nswitch, sNeek, uNeek, USBLoaderGX can all be used on real NAND to "go into emulated environment")

wailer247 likes this.