Talha_Yilmaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello guys,

I looked for similar Gateway problems but I couldn't find any threads that had something like I have.

So basicly I undusted my (old) 3DS because I was in the mood for some games.

I realized, that I did something in the past wich I forgot about and the 3DS won't boot properly.
As I explain my problem, please keep in mind that the last time I touched my 3DS was maybe 4-5 years ago at least! I don't remember what I did back then.

I have the Gateway 3ds flashcard and I remember using it in combination with the other gateway card. After a while another solution came to put a CFW on the 3ds (something in combination with Gateway3DS) . I remember that it worked I but I am not sure. I definitely had emunand running at some point.
What I have now is that when I turn on the system with inserted Gateway 3ds white card, it gets stuck with a blue screen with the Gateway3DS Dragon on the top screen.

In the bottom screen I get an option to press L+R+Select. This brings me to sysnand OFW 4.50-8E.

There is also an option to press b "to go back" but its not doing anything.

So is there a way to get rid of all the Gateway stuff and install something like Luma?

Attachments

• 16130863183024845063978659400757.jpg
    16130863183024845063978659400757.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 115
  • 1613086347756279220314477720864.jpg
    1613086347756279220314477720864.jpg
    526.6 KB · Views: 112

Talha_Yilmaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If preserving old save files isn't an issue, ditch the Gateway completely and use the following guide to install B9S and Luma3DS:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/

Ok i tried it. It does not seem to work though. I chose the right Firmware file and so on but it freezes every time i try to use soundhax (i tried about 25 times i think).
I've encountered the problem that i need "launcher.dat" (for gateway) on my SD Card to be able to launch to sysNAND. Does this file prevent soundhax getting working?

I also tried the ntr Method using a Flashcard (since i have the Blue Card) but my 3ds does not seem to read any cardrige anymore (not even legit games). I know for a fact hat it is not broken because without the Card, my 3ds cannot go into gateway mode...

This is messed up. Is my 3ds useless now?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i tried it. It does not seem to work though. I chose the right Firmware file and so on but it freezes every time i try to use soundhax (i tried about 25 times i think).
I've encountered the problem that i need "launcher.dat" (for gateway) on my SD Card to be able to launch to sysNAND. Does this file prevent soundhax getting working?

I also tried the ntr Method using a Flashcard (since i have the Blue Card) but my 3ds does not seem to read any cardrige anymore (not even legit games). I know for a fact hat it is not broken because without the Card, my 3ds cannot go into gateway mode...

This is messed up. Is my 3ds useless now?
What happens when you power on your system without any Gateway stuff in your 3DS? Which version is displayed on the system settings?

Talha_Yilmaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What happens when you power on your system without any Gateway stuff in your 3DS? Which version is displayed on the system settings?

So there are some szenarios:

1. No Gateway Cardridge inserted & SD Card inserted with "launcher.dat" file on it
Blue Gateway Screen appears. It tells me to put in the Gateway Card to boot indo gateway Mode. When I insert it and press "a" it moves to another Gateway Screen and promts to press L+R+Select. Then it boots to Sysnand OFW 4.50-8E.

2. Gateway Card inserted & SD Card without "launcher.dat"
Blue gateway screen appears but no text or images. Both Screens just blue

3. Gatway Card inserted & no SD Card at all
Blue Gateway Screen flashes for a second and system turns off.

4. No Gateway Card & no SD Card
Same as 3.

5. Both Cards inserted with "Launcher.dat" file on SD
Gateway Screen and promts to press L+R+Select. Then it boots to Sysnand OFW 4.50-8E.

I tried Multiple different SD Cards. All formatted according the Guide

*EDIT*

i realized something. When I'm in the 3DS menu, i can launch the Gateway OSD by pressing select. So that means i boot into Gateway Mode OFW? I guess thats the reason why Soundhax isnt working. But i dont know how i just go to normal sysNAND

Last edited by Talha_Yilmaz,

Talha_Yilmaz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
*UPDATE*

I managed to get soundhax working.

As i mentioned, i realized that i was able to get Gateway OSD to work. So i found the "time mashine" 3ds file on my old micro SD wich i used for the flashcard. I used this to upgrade to 10.3 firmware and all the gateway stuff was gone. After that it worked just fine in my first try.

Reactions: Lacius

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout