Homebrew Need help! Urgent!

BladeWii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, so today I thought it would be a good idea to get a theme for my Wii, running 4.3E, with MyMenuify and Homebrew. However, I mistakenly installed a 4.3U theme, bricking my Wii. When I took my SD card out to fix this, it was corrupted, my Wii is now bricked with no fix I can find. Can anybody help? I've looked everywhere but to no avail. Please help, I just want to play Mariokart again... :(

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were you able to install BootMii as boot2 or did you install Priiloader? If not you are likely out of luck unless you can find someone to remove the NAND chip and reprogram it.

BladeWii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Were you able to install BootMii as boot2 or did you install Priiloader? If not you are likely out of luck unless you can find someone to remove the NAND chip and reprogram it.
No, I never thought of installing BootMii or Priiloader... :(

Sticksandstones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ouch...
...well, on the bright side, Wiis are reasonably cheap these days--probably cheaper than it'd be to pay someone to modify the contents of its NAND. When you get a new one, definitely install BootMii/PriiLoader to avoid having this happen again.
With one of those, you'd be able to boot to Homebrew Channel and install the correct System Menu and fix the problem, but without them, your Wii has nothing at all whatsoever other than your broken System Menu to boot to. Alas, your Wii is now a paperweight that successfully draws power from your wall. :(

I suggest reading and paying closer attention to warnings and disclaimers in the future as well.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to say but your screwed. The first thing I did once I homebrew my Nintendos was make a NAND backup just in case. Remember that in the future. There're some people who are willing to take apart your Wii for ~$100. Keep searching!

Sticksandstones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best I can do is suggest looking at Amazon's prices and mentally form a condition/price ratio based on what you see there, and set your price accordingly.

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Hi, so today I thought it would be a good idea to get a theme for my Wii, running 4.3E, with MyMenuify and Homebrew. However, I mistakenly installed a 4.3U theme, bricking my Wii. When I took my SD card out to fix this, it was corrupted, my Wii is now bricked with no fix I can find. Can anybody help? I've looked everywhere but to no avail. Please help, I just want to play Mariokart again... :(
1-Try to buy a WiiKey on the net
2-Install it on your Wii
3-Search for a homebrew launcher disc image on the net
4-Take a GC pad and dissamble it
5-Plug it on the 4th port of your Wii
6-Press all the directional buttons (up,down,left,right) and turn on your Wii pressing them while holding the buttons

that's a secret combo key on the Wii that will load any disc directly on boot

you need a modchip to be able to boot a custom disc using that combo key

once in HBL, use anytitledeleter to delete the USA menu

BladeWii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1-Try to buy a WiiKey on the net
2-Install it on your Wii
3-Search for a homebrew launcher disc image on the net
4-Take a GC pad and dissamble it
5-Plug it on the 4th port of your Wii
6-Press all the directional buttons (up,down,left,right) and turn on your Wii pressing them while holding the buttons

that's a secret combo key on the Wii that will load any disc directly on boot

you need a modchip to be able to boot a custom disc using that combo key

once in HBL, use anytitledeleter to delete the USA menu
thanks but i got a new wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ Aglae Pheryl: Is anyone familiar with former forum opg.life ? I missed the transition to the new forum over...