Need help! Urgent!

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by BladeWii, Jul 24, 2017.

1. BladeWii
    OP

BladeWii Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Hi, so today I thought it would be a good idea to get a theme for my Wii, running 4.3E, with MyMenuify and Homebrew. However, I mistakenly installed a 4.3U theme, bricking my Wii. When I took my SD card out to fix this, it was corrupted, my Wii is now bricked with no fix I can find. Can anybody help? I've looked everywhere but to no avail. Please help, I just want to play Mariokart again... :(

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Were you able to install BootMii as boot2 or did you install Priiloader? If not you are likely out of luck unless you can find someone to remove the NAND chip and reprogram it.

3. BladeWii
    OP

BladeWii Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2017
    United Kingdom
    No, I never thought of installing BootMii or Priiloader... :(

4. Sticksandstones

Sticksandstones GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2015
    United States
    Ouch...
    ...well, on the bright side, Wiis are reasonably cheap these days--probably cheaper than it'd be to pay someone to modify the contents of its NAND. When you get a new one, definitely install BootMii/PriiLoader to avoid having this happen again.
    With one of those, you'd be able to boot to Homebrew Channel and install the correct System Menu and fix the problem, but without them, your Wii has nothing at all whatsoever other than your broken System Menu to boot to. Alas, your Wii is now a paperweight that successfully draws power from your wall. :(

I suggest reading and paying closer attention to warnings and disclaimers in the future as well.

5. Dontwait

Dontwait Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2017
    Italy
    Impossible didn't install BootMii on boot2.. is required to do that try to search for unbrick wii on google