Need help running a CD game on WiiEngine

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by thesnake383, Jun 17, 2011.

Jun 17, 2011
  1. thesnake383
    OP

Newcomer thesnake383 Newbie

United States
    I want to run Valis III and Valis IV on WiiEngine. Why is it so difficult? I have a Bin+Cue for Valis III and iso+ogg for Valis IV. The games are even in their own folders like they are supposed to be too.

Here is the toc file for Valis III:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Here is what I have for Valis IV
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

I even feel like reading the Wiki for Wiibrew is useless, and it's driving me insane. Where am I going wrong? It shouldn't have to be this hard to run PC Engine CD games on WiiEngine!

2. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    The track name in the TOC file should be exactly the same as the file name. You didn't mentionned the file names but I doubt "Track 01.ogg" would work, remove whitespaces !

The 2nd one seems ok though it seems to be missing the "leadout" keyword but again, we don't know if the filenames match. Maybe, you are missing the syscard.pce. Are you sure you have read the documentation properly (see here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiEngine) ?

And off course it's more difficult, it's not a simple ROM file, it's a whole CD image with multiple tracks and even a BIOS file required, if you have ideas how to make these things simpler, please share :-)

3. thesnake383
    OP

Newcomer thesnake383 Newbie

United States
    Well, I got Valis III to work, but not without graphical glitches. Is this a part of the emulators fault? How do I fix this?

For some reason I can't get bincuesplit to work with the bin/cue of Valis IV and create the necessary iso and ogg files along with a proper toc file. HELP!

I made small changes to the Wiibrew wiki to make it more newbie friendly.

4. Jacobeian

Cuba
    Yep, it is not perfect and has some emulation flaws... you can't "fix" it unless you know about emulator coding and Turbo Grafx hardware...
    You should also try the same game on a more accurate emulator on PC (there are Mednafen, Magic Engine & Ootake) to see if the problem is not within your .iso file

5. Yu-Gi-Oh 100

Member Yu-Gi-Oh 100 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    anyone here have any real instructions?

6. Jacobeian

Cuba
    Seriously ?
    Read the wiki entry on wiibrew for Wiiengine, everything you need is explained right there and if you got a "real question", ask it here .

7. luminalace

Member luminalace GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Hey atleast Wii Engine lets you run PC Engine CD games on the Wii. It runs pretty well too though not perfect.