Need help patching Pokemon Neo Y!!!

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by CYBERNightmare, Oct 28, 2015.

1. CYBERNightmare
    OP

CYBERNightmare Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Ok, so on the Homebrew 2.5 update, my friends and I have been trying to patch Pokemon Neo X/Y, but we can't get it to work. We've used Braindump to get all of the files, and have followed the typical steps to get the .romfs file, but when we try to load up the game on HANS, we just get a black screen, or a black screen with a little line of color in the corner. Can anyone help me? I don't know what I'm doing wrong... I'm also going to bed in a bit and won't be able to respond until around 3:00 P.M. EST.

2. TheTepig

TheTepig Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2015
    United States
    Walking around the world
    Alright, did you name the romfs and exefs file the digits it shows in HANS where the romfs path i like this romfs=XXXXXXXXXXXX.romfs code=XXXXXXXXXX.code like that? If you need more help let me know and I can make a video for you.

3. ZedMania

ZedMania Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2015
    Adding on to what @TheTepig said, here are some of the main things you should check on:
    - Is the .romfs file actually a .romfs? If you're on mac, its a little harder than just changing the extension name. Usually I when rebuilding the rom I rename it then, because otherwise it becomes a .bin file.
    - Is it in a Hans folder on the root of your SD card?
    - Is the .romfs file around 1.7 GB? If its something like 300 MB, you probably ended up replacing the files in the 'a' folder wrong.

Other than that, I dont think you need a .code file, just the .romfs. Hope this helps :D