Hacking Need help from wii coders

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does anybody know how to access usb storage devices after a IOS_ReloadIOS? Or does anybody have an idea about this?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Code excerpt:

fatInitDefault();

[...]

(sd + usb working fine)

[...]

fatUnmount("sd");
fatUnmount("usb");

// Deinit sd card, without this sd card doesn't work after the ios reloading
sdio_Startup(); // maybe this is not necessary
sdio_Deinitialize();

IOS_ReloadIOS(x);

fatInitDefault();

[...]

(sd working fine, usb NOT working)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess i need some kind of usb storage deinitialize which is similar to sdio_Deinitialize for sd card. I searched the source of libogc and libfat for this, but everything i tried didn't work.

PS: If there's no way to solve this problem, i wouldn't be surprised that this the reason why the homebrew channel doesn't have usb support

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
Does anybody know how to access usb storage devices after a IOS_ReloadIOS? Or does anybody have an idea about this?

Code excerpt:

fatInitDefault();

[...]

(sd + usb working fine)

[...]

fatUnmount("sd");
fatUnmount("usb");

// Deinit sd card, without this sd card doesn't work after the ios reloading
sdio_Startup(); // maybe this is not necessary
sdio_Deinitialize();

IOS_ReloadIOS(x);

fatInitDefault();

[...]

(sd working fine, usb NOT working)

I guess i need some kind of usb storage deinitialize which is similar to sdio_Deinitialize for sd card. I searched the source of libogc and libfat for this, but everything i tried didn't work.

PS: If there's no way to solve this problem, i wouldn't be surprised that this the reason why the homebrew channel doesn't have usb support
Ask in #WiiDev on EFNET

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
quincy_xD said:
Ask in #WiiDev on EFNET

I heard from too many people being banned there in the minute they asked a question. I hope there are other developers capable to solve this.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I will toss this out at #wiidev... they booted me once already... but what the hell it never hurts to ask Wiipower and your contributions are valued to me.
smile.gif
So I will post my attempts about asking on #wiidev soon...wish me luck!
wink.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
uschghost said:
as long as you don´t ask very stupid questions or ask about backups/warez they won´t ban you afaik.

Well it's for SoftChip, and SoftChip is considered "piracy loader", which is sadly not untrue.

PS: Only usb for config not backup loading!

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
People are saying it is possible. One mentioned something about a hidden SEEPROM flag... don
t wanna even know what that meant!
tongue.gif

Another was already hot on my tail... and knew that I was fishing... so the answer was definately being possible. Now we're back to square one...sorry I couldn't be of more help.
frown.gif

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is for SoftChip, ask in the SoftChip IRC channel (irc://chat.freenode.net/SoftChip). When I had a problem making a version that doesn't use a configuration file, someone helped me figure it out fairly quickly (although it was a really stupid mistake).

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IronMask said:
People are saying it is possible. One mentioned something about a hidden SEEPROM flag... don
t wanna even know what that meant!
tongue.gif

Another was already hot on my tail... and knew that I was fishing... so the answer was definately being possible. Now we're back to square one...sorry I couldn't be of more help.
frown.gif

Thank you. I count this as confirmation that usb is more complicated than sd where you just need the correct command.

QUOTE(Supercool330 @ Jan 18 2009, 06:03 PM) If it is for SoftChip, ask in the SoftChip IRC channel (irc://chat.freenode.net/SoftChip). When I had a problem making a version that doesn't use a configuration file, someone helped me figure it out fairly quickly (although it was a really stupid mistake).

I'm nearly always (when i'm online) there. Some time ago luccax and i tried everything which came into our minds to solve this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, no