Hacking Need help finding Wii Fit Plus Error#001 string

DaveMode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old mod chip that gives me Error#001 on newer games. I've been successfully using Trucha (and sometimes WiiScrubber) to extract the main.dol file and patch it with Generic Wii Patcher. For some reason, Generic Wii Patcher can't find the Error#001 string in the main.dol file for Wii Fit Plus. Does anyone know how to fix so I can play?

DaveMode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matguitarist said:
Which wii version did u have ?? do you have cios ? boot game from disk channel or a loader ??

NTSC Wii (Launch). 4.1U Firmware.
I do have cIOS Corp 0.35 installed
Usually launch games from disc channel. Sometimes a loader if for some reason I'm having an issue.

More importantly, I will always get the Error#001 regardless of where I launch the game from (disc channel, loader, geco) unless I first remove it from the disc by altering the main.dol file. I assume this is due to the chip installed. I really don't wanna risk fucking things up by attempting to remove the chip.

DaveMode

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matguitarist said:
I think the latest cios rev14 got problem with some modchip have you try 13a (uninstall cios rev14 first)

I can give it a try. Sorry for the noob question, but how would I go about uninstalling and reinstaling that particular cios?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think only cIOSrev7 helps you.

cIOSrev8-13 use a main.dol patch to get rid of the 001 error, but as you already noticed the one used until now does not work for this game. cIOSrev14 has proper 001 handling, but it only works on not hardware modded Wiis. Ones with a bad modchip, like yours get 001 error with cIOSrev14 on every 001 game.

And to use that cIOS you need to use a backup loader of course, no disc channel loading for you on this game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche