Hardware Need help CFWing PSP

IncognitoMaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a PSP with a cracked screen and is on OFW. Unfortunately I have no way to get a hold of the AV cable required to mirror the screen to the TV. Since the screen is cracked, I do not know the PSP firmware. I do, however, have a USB type B cable, but I can't seem to get the files to show up on the computer. Is there any way I can get CFW on my PSP without the AV cable? Long story short: My PSP screen is cracked, firmware unknown. Can't get an AV cable, files don't show up on computer (Windows 10) in the PSP USB mode. Is there a way to get custom firmware on my PSP?
EDIT: My PSP is a PSP 1003, if that helps.
I also can't use the Pandora's battery as I have no way of getting a pre-made one or have enough experience to turn my battery into one, and I have no card reader to insert the Memory Stick into my pc to turn it into a Magic Memory Stick.

Last edited by IncognitoMaster,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
...fix the actual hardware problem first? :)

To use the PSP as a memory stick (or, with cfw, umd/nand) reader you must put it in USB mass storage mode - which autostarts if the cable is connected while on the idle XMB*, but only if the (enabled by default) appropriate option is on, else you'll need to go completely to the left, completely to the top, then one down and confirm
* after passing any initial setup or post-power-failure clock setting screen

Even then, blindly running an update isn't trivial (XMB items were added and removed over versions), different CFW installers have different button presses, etc

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I meant mass storage mode. When I initialise Mass storage Mode, Windows 10 shows a Cyclic Redundancy Check error.
That could be a problem with the memory stick... or with the console (never tried connecting it to a computer, but I do have a 2000 with broken traces to the MS slot after "accidentally" hitting a wall too many times)
If you had an external MS reader, that would be easy to figure out...

IncognitoMaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just looked into the slot on my PSP, there's a black line through the third pin from the right (horizontal). This could mean it's broken. Could this be the reason for the error?

Last edited by IncognitoMaster,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-