Need for Speed: The Run

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Tom Bombadildo, Nov 15, 2011.

Nov 15, 2011
  1. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    This game is so bad. SO BAD. It got leaked and cracked today and I decided, eh why not give it a try? Installed and loaded up and...it took like 2 minutes to load the menus. Ok, it's a fairly large game and maybe it just takes a few minutes! I decided to try story mode (which, if you didn't hear, only has a total of 2 hrs of gameplay!) The cutscenes were bad, it included one of those "press button now to do action before you die!" sort of sequences, goes into another cutscene (all of which are unskippable) and then you finally get the first chance to drive! And...my god a racing game for higher consoles/PC should NEVER run at 30fps. It stuttered (and I'm running this on a rather well-equipped PC fit to run newer games at medium-high to high settings), the controls seemed a bit...off as well. So, if you're planning on getting this at all I really would advise you NOT to do so.

Anyone else gonna get it?

2. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    A NFS after Most Wanted is bad?
    Stop the presses.

They've all been a horrid wreck after Most Wanted. I dunno if they fired the original devs or what, but the games are just terrible.

3. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Never been a huge fan of racers unless they have some wacky edge to them (like Burnout, Mario Kart, CTR, etc), so I wasn't even interested in this. But I remember seeing the E3 trailer or something during one of the conference streams and I facepalmed. It's a racing game. But they put in QTEs. Which I thought was completely contradictory since the whole point of racing games was to just keep racing, not take a break from it only to be confronted with Press X to Not Die.

4. Techrosh

Newcomer Techrosh Member

United Kingdom
    Need for speed has been shit after underground 2.

5. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    It's essentially "Need For Speed: Now With Quick Time Events (Because we hate you)".

Not a big fan of racers, but I can enjoy them in sporadic bursts at parties. This though? It's like they were wearing the fact that they're creatively bankrupt on their sleeves, almost as if it was a badge of pride.

6. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Got tired of NFS after Most Wanted really, couldn't care less now. If I want to race I'll just boot up a Codemasters game (Dirt, GRID, F1). They are the real kings of this genre.

7. Techrosh

Newcomer Techrosh Member

United Kingdom
    Try Midnight club if you want to go for cars/racing games, I have it and its pretty good :)

8. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Erm...yeah. Exactly. Racing and QTE events is something I would actually submit in that "make your own genre" topic as a humorous attempt to make a bad game. I mean really...I've got a vivid imagination, but I absolutely cannot fathom that a professional someone (let alone a professional team of someones) would think this would work.

9. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    lol, 30FPS

And QTEs in a racing game suck.

10. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    I know right? My god does it look bad.

I don't always play racing games, but when I do its NFS Underground 2. Greatest NFS IMO.