Gaming Need for Speed Most Wanted - FREE on PS STORE!

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grab it while you can, its free for the weekend.

nice, looks like it compatible with pstv and doesnt require psn plus either

it looks like all these games are free til sunday

psvita need for speed most wanted
ps3 mirrors edge
ps4 plants vs zombies garden warfare

also for people that dont have ps4, you can still add ps4 games to your download list using the PC store.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
nice, looks like it compatible with pstv and doesnt require psn plus either

it looks like all these games are free til sunday

psvita need for speed most wanted
ps3 mirrors edge
ps4 plants vs zombies garden warfare

also for people that dont have ps4, you can still add ps4 games to your download list using the PC store.

Added them all.

It's nice to be grabbing some free full games for PS4 whenever possible. I doubt I'll ever bother to get a Vita but I added MW to the download history.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
So I downloaded this pretty soon after it was available this afternoon, but only dug in about an hour ago. Here's my first impressions on the game:

The cars: I've driven three different cars so far, and, well, none of them have been all that different. They drive fast, control poorly, and crash easily. Now, with cars, you don't just buy them. You don't start with a crap car and slowly upgrade it and buy a new vehicle later. No, you just drive shiny cars that you "jack" from specific points all over the city. It's a pretty bland system for car acquisition, as there is no easy way to retrieve the last car you were driving except to return to the position where you traded it off. You don't have a garage or anything like that. You can win mods from different events specific to every car, but from what I gather, those mods are just for those cars and are otherwise fairly useless as I don't want to have to do that first race to unlock basic nitrous and crappy offroad tires with 43 different vehicles. That's tedious. Basically, if you're like me and the last Need For Speed game you played was around a decade ago, you're going to be pretty disappointed with this entry as far as the vehicles go.

The world: Holy blah. The world itself looks decent, don't get me wrong, but there is so little going on. The streets are sparsely populated with other vehicles. If you expect to be accidentally running into other cars, or really passing other vehicles in general, well, I hope you're content with at most two to four cars every few hundred feet. This really becomes a problem where the chases are concerned, but I'll get into that in the next section.

The chases: Now, besides the cars, the biggest part of Most Wanted is that you are supposed to be able to get into epic police chases where maybe you'll even get caught if you screw up. The cops are supposed to be fast, able to keep up with you, with more and more cops on you the more heat you end up with. What do you get instead? No matter how much heat you build up, it seems like the developers coded this particular port to have no more than two cops after you at one time, and god forbid they be able to stay within a hundred feet of you. I had to actively try to stay in a chase that initiated while I was in the middle of a race. I could have outrun it in about 30 seconds because the cops are too slow to even keep up with the slowest car they toss your way, which is weird, because I'm pretty sure even in real life, cops can keep up with 110mph. Basically, due to the limitations set on the roads and the slow ass cop AI, you won't be having a satisfying chase. The cop AI is pretty much awful.

Minor grievances: When you start the game, the graphics look great, but two things immediately stand out. One, when cars are approaching you, you don't see just headlights. You see a cluster of pixels that are apparently supposed to be headlights coming your way. For such a simple effect, it is lacking polish in a big way. Besides that, the car models leave something to be desired. At first they look pretty decent, that is, until you get a good look at them. They almost look like they're made out of painted clay or something. As well, your car just looks a little more dinged up in increments, civilian vehicles can't be damaged, and the only sign you get that you disabled a cop is that their top lights are out.

First impression verdict? This is a really, really half assed port. Like, absolutely minimal effort half assed. The Vita is capable of far more than this, and honestly, if I had to pick between this and nothing, I'd rather they had just given us nothing. And I don't mean for this event, I mean the game in general.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesnt hurt adding it to your download list, also there a free ps3 and ps4 game, even if you dont have those systems it doesnt hurt adding it.

Reactions: cvskid

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
So I decided to keep trying this out just so that I could form a valid opinion. Good fucking god I hate EA for this shit. In the first Most Wanted race, what does the game do? It crashes. It crashes really hard. As in, system frozen, really super frozen. So frozen the Vita didn't even return an error screen. So frozen I could hit the PS button, hear the home screen music, but still not be able to do anything. I held my power button to turn the Vita off the hard way, and had to get into the Vita safe mode just so I could safely reboot.

Just a tip, don't download this if you value your system actually functioning. I don't trust a title that crashes so hard that the Vita has to boot into its safe mode just to do anything.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I decided to keep trying this out just so that I could form a valid opinion. Good fucking god I hate EA for this shit. In the first Most Wanted race, what does the game do? It crashes. It crashes really hard. As in, system frozen, really super frozen. So frozen the Vita didn't even return an error screen. So frozen I could hit the PS button, hear the home screen music, but still not be able to do anything. I held my power button to turn the Vita off the hard way, and had to get into the Vita safe mode just so I could safely reboot.

Just a tip, don't download this if you value your system actually functioning. I don't trust a title that crashes so hard that the Vita has to boot into its safe mode just to do anything.

so your vita crashed on a racing game? =)

but seriously, did you have vita in sleep mode before you played? I am not sure if its releated but if I leave pstv in standby for a long period of time it sometimes crashes hard when you load a game. The only thing I can do to fix it is unplug the pstv

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
so your vita crashed on a racing game? =)

but seriously, did you have vita in sleep mode before you played? I am not sure if its releated but if I leave pstv in standby for a long period of time it sometimes crashes hard when you load a game. The only thing I can do to fix it is unplug the pstv
My Vita has never crashed like this, and I've beaten several games with it. My Vita has only been completely off a handful of times since I got it almost a year ago. Based on what I've read, hard crashes like this are a problem with the game on pretty much every system. This is a pretty glaring bug that I guess was never deemed to be worth fixing.

I guess the goal was to make sure the new Most Wanted was inferior to the older game sharing the same name in every conceivable way.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I've had my Vita crash a few times like that, including in the built in Photo app.

fossda

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought this game a few months ago, it's amazing, a full open world on a handheld. Graphics are good for a handheld considering it's free roam.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...