Gaming NDS airplane games?

appleb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm looking for an airplane game that is appropriate for an 8 year old. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Anything like Pilotwings would be appropriate. Not so much war type games.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The closest thing to an airplane game on the DS would be parts of The Guardians of Ga'Hoole or some Harry Potter game... Or Air Traffic Controller, but that's more of an airport sim where you figure out how to get airplanes to land without crashing..

You may have to move on to the Wii or the 3DS for this kind of thing. The DS doesn't have very many games like what you're looking for.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
that IL 2 Sturmovik Birds of Prey... it's a flight sim, but more on dogfights. also, Freedom Wings is another flight sim with simple graphics, but potentially good gameplay (i say potentially because auto-target makes it too easy, but learning to shoot and fly manually really takes some practice). flying around can be quite fun, as it has respectable draw distance (texture ain't so grand though), but if you randomly roam, you'll get owned by pirate planes.

Then there was that MySims flight sim, which is a ton of fun, but has wicked anti-piracy in it. you can only go so far storywise, and how far you get is random. some people get quite far along, some people only unlocks a few missions, then it stops alltogether. no more new missions. but gameplay is superb, maps are arena like with multiple levels (air, ground level, and sub-ground level areas in one map), and dogfights are impressive for a casual title.

Maninder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know U sed U don't like war games, but in COD Black Ops DS, there is a long mission in a plane, U could try that or U could buy a 3DS, if Ur excited about Pilot Wings Resort

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was Top Gun, which looked nice, but had some design flaws. Still, if you could get passed the flaws, it was fun.

Jet Impulse was pretty decent, but was a (J) game. There was supposed to have been a USA version of Jet Impulse called DS Air, but the idiots at Nintendo canceled it.

MySims Sky Heroes wasn't too bad. It had lots of nasty AP, but I'm sure most flashcarts have long since been updated to run it now without a problem.

Time Ace was a sort of arcadey airplane shmup.

Of course there is Starfox. It's a good game, but was sort of ruined with unnecessary touchscreen controls. Luckily, there are AR codes to force dpad and button play on it.

Most of the rest of the airplane games for DS just plain sucked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad